House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pajd

Waste Of My Time

Im a FTB. Viewed a house on saturday. Rang EA today to arrange a second viewing. She told me its off the market as an offer was accepted on friday morning. Yet the EA failed to tell me this. She said she would check for sure if it had gone 'sale agreed'

The EA rang me back today and said the seller had to be out by 2 weeks and the cash buyer could complete the sale by that time.

When i was viewing on saturday the seller said and offer was made but didn't say he had accepted it. In fact he told me if he got x amount he would take it (1 grand higher than what he did accept). He said he could wait for us to complete (around 5 or 6 weeks for a FTB).

So im wondering what has changed since saturday? Ahh well if its meant for us it wont pass us by ;)

Don't ignore the possibility that the seller/agent is lying to you, in the hope you will push up your offer by a few thousand. There may not be another buyer at all.

Im a FTB. Viewed a house on saturday. Rang EA today to arrange a second viewing. She told me its off the market as an offer was accepted on friday morning. Yet the EA failed to tell me this. She said she would check for sure if it had gone 'sale agreed'

The EA rang me back today and said the seller had to be out by 2 weeks and the cash buyer could complete the sale by that time.

When i was viewing on saturday the seller said and offer was made but didn't say he had accepted it. In fact he told me if he got x amount he would take it (1 grand higher than what he did accept). He said he could wait for us to complete (around 5 or 6 weeks for a FTB).

So im wondering what has changed since saturday? Ahh well if its meant for us it wont pass us by ;)

Rule 1: Never believe a word an estate agent says

Rule 2: See Rule No 1.

Does any house ever complete this quickly, cash sale or not? Given the sloth-like movement of the legal system I have my doubts, especially with the snail-mail solicitors seem to insist on using for every single piece of dialogue.

Does any house ever complete this quickly, cash sale or not? Given the sloth-like movement of the legal system I have my doubts, especially with the snail-mail solicitors seem to insist on using for every single piece of dialogue.

I did 4 weeks once and that was difficult. can't image 2 weeks. They could be 2 weeks in though.

Even at auction you get 30 days.

Thats what i have been wondering. Surely the legal process takes a bit of time? I was outbid by another cash buyer for a house about 5 weeks ago and its still sitting as 'sale agreed'

Thats what i have been wondering. Surely the legal process takes a bit of time? I was outbid by another cash buyer for a house about 5 weeks ago and its still sitting as 'sale agreed'

If you suspect you are being messed around, you should walk away.

Do that once, and the estate agent will never mess you around again, and will also tell any prospective seller that the buyer isnt the sort of person who takes any nonsense.

Walk away. It will be so much easier next time.

There is always some numpty with more money in this country. No matter how far you stretch someone else is always prepared to stretch further.

I'm hoping for a period where everyone is too scared to even consider buying, at that point I'm hoping to buy.

Edited by MrFlibble

There is always some numpty with more money in this country. No matter how far you stretch someone else is always prepared to stretch further.

I'm hoping for a period where everyone is too scared to even consider buying, at that point I'm hoping to buy.

Yep, when the masses start selling houses and buying gold, I'll be selling gold and buying houses. B)

Are you suggesting that there are some folk in this country who aren't exactly literate when it comes to economics?

Bwahaha. That's the point at which you will become the numpty with more money.

(And maybe the numpty with a bargain on a house).

Edited by Garf

Yep, when the masses start selling houses and buying gold, I'll be selling gold and buying houses. B)

Cheers, I think you may have just described my Gold exit strategy there.

At the minutes the masses seem to be in the cash-for-gold selling phase, getting something like 20-30% of spot - loons.