House Price Crash Forum

The Irish In The Wood Pile

HOLA441

Agentimmo, northern Ireland is part of the united kingdom and the majority of people here want it to remain so. "Giving away" northern Ireland would result in civil war, which we effectively had for over 30 years, in case you've been living under a rock. Yes NI is an economic black hole, but so are large parts of England, Scotland and Wales, are we going to abandon them too?

Who is this "we" you quote?

Scotland and Wales and NI have devolved parliaments. Scotland's is probably the furthest down the road to full independence (again...)as in the not too distant future, Scotland could decide to leave the Union. As could NI , if the demographics prove to be correct in the next 40yrs or so.

I assume you speak as an English person who believes in the Union, ad infinitum?

The Union has served its purpose for England. It is suggested from time to time that a large minority of English would like to see and independent England. Who knows what the next 50yrs will bring?

As for large parts of Scotland being "black holes"? I've lived there. Not the Scotland I know.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Yes, i am a unionist and you clearly are not. By "we" I mean other British citizens who live within the UK. Northern ireland does not have a parliament either, you ignoramus.

insulting and delusional.

Nice.

Sorry mate, countries don't exist. You can want union all day long, it's piffle.

HOLA444

insulting and delusional.

Nice.

Sorry mate, countries don't exist. You can want union all day long, it's piffle.

You clearly don't know what a delusion is, and the insult was well deserved. Countries don't exist? Are you for real?

HOLA445

You clearly don't know what a delusion is, and the insult was well deserved. Countries don't exist? Are you for real?

bmng.jpg

Check it out. Countires don't exist.

They are delusions.

Reality is an indivisible whole. Apologise to the nice gentleman and change your mind about all your political beliefs. :)

HOLA446

For all the unionists out there - the Darien Scheme:

The Darién scheme was an unsuccessful attempt by the Kingdom of Scotland to become a world trading nation by establishing a colony called "New Caledonia" on the Isthmus of Panama in the late 1690s. In practice the undertaking was marked by poor planning and leadership, lack of demand for trade goods, devastating epidemics of disease, and increasing shortage of food; it was finally abandoned after a siege by Spanish forces in April of 1700. As the Darien company was backed by about a quarter of the money circulating in Scotland, its failure left the country - which had suffered a run of bad harvests - almost completely ruined and was an important factor in weakening resistance to the Act of Union (finally consummated in 1707) among the political elite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme

Ireland is Scotland, the Irish Financial Services Centre is the colonial enterprise, the EU is England & Wales.

This is in line with my guess that the decline of the US is most similar to that of the Spanish empire. I'll explain it over a few pints, your round.

HOLA447

bmng.jpg

Check it out. Countires don't exist.

They are delusions.

Reality is an indivisible whole. Apologise to the nice gentleman and change your mind about all your political beliefs. :)

A false belief based on incorrect inference about external reality that is firmly sustained despite what almost everybody else believes and despite what constitutes incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary. The belief is not one ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

Check it out. It is ordinarily accepted by members of my culture therefore not delusional.

HOLA448

A false belief based on incorrect inference about external reality that is firmly sustained despite what almost everybody else believes and despite what constitutes incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary. The belief is not one ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

Check it out. It is ordinarily accepted by members of my culture therefore not delusional.

Theres no such thing as culture.

You used to be delusional. Now you are being willfully incorrect.

Knock it off, change what you express to match the facts as you now know them.

And besides, what it ays is that cultures are delusional anyway, :)

HOLA449

Theres no such thing as culture.

You used to be delusional. Now you are being willfully incorrect.

Knock it off, change what you express to match the facts as you now know them.

And besides, what it ays is that cultures are delusional anyway, :)

It does not say that. A delusion is a fixed false belief not in keeping with one's culture. If you are going to use the term at least know what it means. Look up with wiki for culture. I think you might be trolling by this stage.

HOLA4410

It does not say that. A delusion is a fixed false belief not in keeping with one's culture.

A delusion is a fixed, false belief.

A culture is a shared set of beliefs.

So all you are saying is you share a delusion with lots of other people.

Guess what?

You are all wrong and you are all delusional.

If you are going to use the term at least know what it means. Look up with wiki for culture. I think you might be trolling by this stage.

Tell you what. You provide some evidence for your belief and i'll have a look at it. Otherwise, change all your political opions and apologise to the nice genetlemean you insulted earlier in the thread.

HOLA4411

A delusion is a fixed, false belief.

A culture is a shared set of beliefs.

So all you are saying is you share a delusion with lots of other people.

Guess what?

You are all wrong and you are all delusional.

Tell you what. You provide some evidence for your belief and i'll have a look at it. Otherwise, change all your political opions and apologise to the nice genetlemean you insulted earlier in the thread.

Culture is more than just beliefs. If belief does become part of culture then hey, presto, it's no longer delusional. You'll have to think of another word. I will not be providing you with evidence that countries exist. It's bedtime, good night.

HOLA4412

Culture is more than just beliefs. If belief does become part of culture then hey, presto, it's no longer delusional. You'll have to think of another word. I will not be providing you with evidence that countries exist. It's bedtime, good night.

I'll take your absence of evidence as evidence of absence.

A perfectly reasonable thing to do, as by default all assertions are unproven (including crazy ones about the earth being divided into little strips called countries.)

Good night. That apology is still owing, btw.