House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Tesco Clubcard Points To Pay For University Fees!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361062/Tesco-Clubcard-points-count-cost-university-distance-learning-group-RDI.html

Their slogan is 'every little helps' - and supermarket Tesco is now offering would-be students the chance to put Clubcard points towards the cost of their degrees.

The giant store has teamed up with education company RDI, which runs distance learning programmes for ten universities, including courses at Sunderland, Anglia Ruskin, Sheffield Hallam and the University of Wales.

The deal with Tesco means from April those who use the supermarket's loyalty card will be able to use points earned on the weekly shop towards the cost of a degree.

Dr Philip Hallam, RDI's chief ecxecutive, said cutting costs with Clubcard points would help affordability for those students choosing to study while working and/or looking after family: 'Over 3 years, a typical degree studied through RDI can cost under £6,000 in total ... and students still have the time to fund their studies with a regular wage too.

'Now that can be reduced even further - just with the weekly shop! It's great news.

'With on-campus UK university fees on the increase, there has never been a better time for those worried about debt or having time out from their career to choose this modern alternative to traditional university study.'

To be honest I'm not surprised that this is happening, although I highly doubt it will help save some Universities from shutting as student numbers start to decline. Although I wonder if soon the likes of Tesco will offer to pay for your degree in return you shop with them and spend say £100 a week with them for the next 30 years?

Every little helps...

This is typical.

We're destroying our currency so much, Tesco Clubcard points are becoming the best stores of value.

Excuse me while I go and spend my Nectar points on food.

I wonder how long it will take the Treasury to accept clubcard payments for taxes?