House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Democorruptcy

Anybody Having Any Malware Warnings From The Cameron Bbc Thread

My PC is doing strange things when I look at that thread. There is google picture link in it - could that be an issue?

Or is it just me and my PC has picked something up from somewhere else?

JS.Pdfka.der ??

JS:Pdfka-gen

It seemed to be making my Adobe Acrobat start up just before my Antivirus warned me.

That PC is now 32% through a virus scan.

It is not a nice trojan apparently.

It says its severe, most of my PC's run windows XP, not the most secure OS there is, so I'm not even going to 'take a peek' at the image, as a rule, if asked, don't ever install any plugins as images are SUPPOSED to be pretty standard and you do not need any plugins. Guess that's windows for you.

I looked at that thread, too. I've just run a complete virus Scan (using Comodo), which hasn't found anything.

However, whenever I start Acrobat (Acrobat Professional 8.2.6), the program freezes about 5 seconds after opening a PDF file, and then a couple of minutes later I get 'Acrobat has encountered a serious error and cannot continue. Please uninstall and reinstall it'. I'm a bit reluctant to do this, because my install CD is version 8.0 and AFAIK there is no way to update it to the latest version in one fell swoop: you have to install around 20 patches, one after the other, rebooting in between each one. Any suggestions welcome if anybody has any bright ideas!

Whenever I use Windows I always net browse while logged on to a restricted (i.e. not an administrator) account as an additional precaution. I'm wondering if some threat did get in, that it was able to bugger up Acrobat somehow, but could not get as far as installing anything in the Windows startup (because it didn't have administrative rights), hence Comodo not finding anything.

Drat - wished I had been booted into Ubuntu or Hackintosh last night!

Me too, Safari (v5) throwing a wobbler on anything in category 22 (main board) saying Google suspected malware site. I've had this before on a client site, there is a procedure for removing it from google's list, but you have to show that the trojan isn't there anymore... Suspect it'll be like that for a day or so from experience

Perhaps "Fubra" should be re-titled "F.U.B.A.R"

;-)

I just tried to reply to the Sheffield Council thread and got a warning from my AV software that a "Threat Was Blocked - tygradred.vv.cc (exploit Blackhole Kit (Type 1381))."

AV seems to have killed it though.

Kaspersky's going mental, on any page its detecting- virus HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer

AVG is also swatting something on the "There is no more silver!" thread in the G01d forum

Kaspersky's going mental, on any page its detecting- virus HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer

AVG is also swatting something on the "There is no more silver!" thread in the G01d forum

Can't remember what thread I was on at the time but I got this last night.

AVG flagged up some nasties, a number of EXE files had been dropped into the temp internet directory and were trying to connect out. As there were no other reports on any of the forums I thought it may have been my machine that was at fault. Ran a few scans and binned a few EXEs, then came back on the site again and the same thing happened.

I suspect something is not right in one of the adverts rather than the site itself.

EDIT to add that I definitely wasn't in the gold forum! It was a thread in the main forum.

Edited by RiTSo

Not seen anything yet. If they are contained solely within the ads then adblock should be stopping me seeing any sign of them.

+1

Not a peep out of Comodo.