House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Warwick

Evacuation From Lybia

Why is the Government bothering to go to the expense of evacuating these oil workers?

As a taxpayer, which most of these ex-pats are not, I feel very disgruntled that I am having to foot the bill to get them out of a known dangerous region. They got them selves in there for the tax free pay and benefits let them get themselves out.

I hope Cameron charges their employers for the time, trouble and expense. It is the equivalent of flying home a bunch of drunk English tourists from Spain. They went out their knowing the dangers and should have had contingency plans if it went to Sh*t.

As for thoses toads of New New Labour handing out critisism, it really is beyond belief. Perhaps they will now want us to take in a whole load of Lybian refugees! Perhaps they should emmigrate to Lybia and show them how to run a real dictatorship.

It's Libya.

But anyway, you would rather leave them there to take their chances? They are still people even if they are very well paid oil company consultants dodging tax.

The gov have to get them out before we attack/invade to help get Gaddafi out.

It's Libya.

But anyway, you would rather leave them there to take their chances? They are still people even if they are very well paid oil company consultants dodging tax.

The gov have to get them out before we attack/invade to help get Gaddafi out.

Yes I would leave them there, or better still charge them and the Oil Companies an astronomical sum for getting them out. A few hundred million would help the defence budget.

Latest News from Libya.........

نور اگر رفت سایه پیدا نیست نقش دیوار و چشم خیره ما نقش سایه دگر نمی دان نور اگر رفت سایه. ر رفت سایه پیدا نیست نقش دیوار و چشم خیره ما نقش سایه دگر نمی دان نور اگر رفت سایه پیدا نیست نقش دیوار و چشم خیره م.

If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.....

Why is the Government bothering to go to the expense of evacuating these oil workers?

As a taxpayer, which most of these ex-pats are not, I feel very disgruntled that I am having to foot the bill to get them out of a known dangerous region. They got them selves in there for the tax free pay and benefits let them get themselves out.

I hope Cameron charges their employers for the time, trouble and expense. It is the equivalent of flying home a bunch of drunk English tourists from Spain. They went out their knowing the dangers and should have had contingency plans if it went to Sh*t.

As for thoses toads of New New Labour handing out critisism, it really is beyond belief. Perhaps they will now want us to take in a whole load of Lybian refugees! Perhaps they should emmigrate to Lybia and show them how to run a real dictatorship.

As I've said before, the evacuees have to pay for their flights. It is not a free service.

So what are the RAF and SAS charging these days?

It was £300 for the evacuation flight from Egypt. I would imagine the Lybian evacuation flights to Gatwick would be a similar cost, and the ones to Malta might be a bit cheaper.

It was £300 for the evacuation flight from Egypt. I would imagine the Lybian evacuation flights to Gatwick would be a similar cost, and the ones to Malta might be a bit cheaper.

Not bad then. Do they do package deals?

What - you mean like a return ticket with a hotel thrown in?

I'd imagine the outbound flights should be quite cheap.