House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Underlying Growth In 4Th Q Was Negative

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8347738/UK-economy-contracts-Its-a-thin-line-between-recovery-and-recession.html

UK economy contracts: It's a thin line between recovery and recession
The latest update on the state of the economy underlines the precarious state of Britain's recovery.
By Emma Rowley 2:15PM GMT 25 Feb 2011
With the impact of the weather stripped out, the underlying growth in the final three months of the year was not just flat, but edged into negative territory, statisticians now believe.
If the current quarter produces another negative headline figure, Britain will have officially double-dipped back into recession.
Fortunately for the Government,
that outcome looks unlikely. Some weather-related bounce back appears inevitable
, which should push up the headline growth figure even if the fundamental trend remains slack.

Weather related bounce-back? People are scared, they are losing their jobs, they can't afford their bills and they face losing their homes. What kind of bounce back do the elites think is on the cards? Buying a designer dress for t' wedding and a bottle of '59 Dom for the Henley regatta will not make much difference to GDP?

If there is any bounce back it's because people may be sorting out stuff in the house that needs fixing whilst they still have some free cash.

I've been doing some of this got a new TV, suit etc.... Won't be replacing anything else now for I hope 5 years or more.

If people move to trying to make things last longer the consumer driven economy is over....

If there is any bounce back it's because people may be sorting out stuff in the house that needs fixing whilst they still have some free cash.

I've been doing some of this got a new TV, suit etc.... Won't be replacing anything else now for I hope 5 years or more.

If people move to trying to make things last longer the consumer driven economy is over....

Heh because of my stunted growth my shirts (Except for the necks) from high school actually still fit me ok. My neck has grown from being a biker. I finished high school in the 90s! :D

I also have a range of forever wear which is normal looking stuff but quadruple stitched and much thicker it is pretty hardy. Unlike some M&S jeans I bought which gashed a hole in them when I sat on a park bench!

Heh because of my stunted growth my shirts (Except for the necks) from high school actually still fit me ok. My neck has grown from being a biker. I finished high school in the 90s! :D

I also have a range of forever wear which is normal looking stuff but quadruple stitched and much thicker it is pretty hardy. Unlike some M&S jeans I bought which gashed a hole in them when I sat on a park bench!

You mean you big ass split them? :P

I'm typing this on a computer I bought in 2001 whilst listening to music on the cd player I bought in when I was 14 (15 years ago). I recently acquired a free CRT TV to replace a 20+ year old one (which still worked perfectly). I might go out for a drive later in the car I've owned for 7 years.

You mean you big ass split them? :P

Nah fraid not as a big bum would be incredibly useful I am considering implants though.

Nah it was the unofficial world record attempt whereby we crammed 13 people into a fiat Panda. I got out and had a sit on a park bench heard a riiip! and was WTF! :angry:

I'm typing this on a computer I bought in 2001 whilst listening to music on the cd player I bought in when I was 14 (15 years ago). I recently acquired a free CRT TV to replace a 20+ year old one (which still worked perfectly). I might go out for a drive later in the car I've owned for 7 years.

I think ladies and gents we just found some new home grown terrorists.

well the obr sums just don't add up or make any sense.

I have kids and relatives kids who are thinking about uni, the huge rip off debt and then the rip of cost of housing and then trying to get a decent job.

If I was young I would seriously consider emigration.

The second half of this year is going to be the real beginning of the cuts and they are going to last a long time.

Giving our young people huge debts and no jobs is not going to help.

Guess it's over then :P

I'm sure Merv will be along soon with some crisp new money to flush into the economy and make it all better.