House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

New Zoopla Tool Matches Sold Prices With Original Estate Agent Listings Inc. Pics

Saw this on MSE. Could be useful/fun

Thread Stats

Views:

WW Factor

Coming Soon...

Share This Thread:

This is going in the weekly email soon, but just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Zoopla's got a clever new tool that matches up sold prices with the original house listings.

Normally when you go on houseprices.co.uk it's annoying because you're not entirely sure what the house was like. But now you can see old photos, descriptions, asking prices and listing dates.

Just go to the 'Home Values' section of the Zoopla.co.uk website, marked with an 'H' to indicate a historic listing record.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-archive/

It's patchy, but even if you just find a few homes on the street you're interested in, it's v useful.

If you have any feedback that would be great too.

Thanks

Saw this on MSE. Could be useful/fun

Beautiful! We've been waiting for that for years!

I hope it works!

EDIT: It is not working, is it? :angry:

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Beautiful! We've been waiting for that for years!

I hope it works!

EDIT: It is not working, is it? :angry:

Just looked up 5 houses. Both listed/sold within the last couple of years. Two had historical records neither had pictures, just descriptions. Looked at all the other places in the postcode that had the 'H' on them and can't find a single on with pics. Either it doesn't work properly or it's shit!

Have been using this for a few weeks and it works ok for my postcode although only a few properties seem to have the historical data, some historical data has been archived so you can only see the asking price (useful in itself sometimes tho) and some have the full sales particulars in full shoiwing all photos, room dimensions etc. It needs tweaking and to be more comprehensive but I have found it useful.

Edited by poppyoscoe

Just looked up 5 houses. Both listed/sold within the last couple of years. Two had historical records neither had pictures, just descriptions. Looked at all the other places in the postcode that had the 'H' on them and can't find a single on with pics. Either it doesn't work properly or it's shit!

I've finally found 1 property with that little red "H".

But

"Previously listed for sale on 11th Oct 2007 - £160,000"

"Last sale: £269,000 Sale date: 14th Dec 2007"

:huh:

That must have been a heck of an estate agent there. £109,000 ABOVE asking price??!! :blink:

It doesn't make sense.

I've finally found 1 property with that little red "H".

But

"Previously listed for sale on 11th Oct 2007 - £160,000"

"Last sale: £269,000 Sale date: 14th Dec 2007"

:huh:

That must have been a heck of an estate agent there. £109,000 ABOVE asking price??!! :blink:

It doesn't make sense.

On the MSE thread someone says the historical data doesn't always match the property.

Needs a lot of work yet I think but has a lot of potential. Like an enhanced version of rightmoves price comparison report.

On the MSE thread someone says the historical data doesn't always match the property.

Needs a lot of work yet I think but has a lot of potential. Like an enhanced version of rightmoves price comparison report.

Have been using it and the agent panel for about 12 months now. Does useful comparison reports for valuations etc.

Problem is most of the info they have as been entered by home owners or agents. A bit like Wiki really :o

It will be of more use in a few years once they have more recent data and more people use the features.

I don't know if any of you have actually filled in all the info to get an estimated valuation of your own property yet, but it's worth trying it. I try it on with a lot of properties after I have been to give a market appraisal, but if it's wrong it's very wrong which leaves you a little confused.

We get lots of valuation rquests through Zoopla, but people fill the info in and get an estimate before I turn up at the house. When it's on the low side it makes my job easier, but when it's on the high side I almost always get kicked out of the house for being cheeky with my low appraisal :(

I went to an appraisal last week that Zoopla estimated £280k. A detached 4 bed property a few doors away with double garage sold a year ago for £225k. This one was a semi with a single garage, so I advised that their property go on the market for £180k.

I thought they were going to shoot me :o

Have been using it and the agent panel for about 12 months now. Does useful comparison reports for valuations etc.

Problem is most of the info they have as been entered by home owners or agents. A bit like Wiki really :o

It will be of more use in a few years once they have more recent data and more people use the features.

I don't know if any of you have actually filled in all the info to get an estimated valuation of your own property yet, but it's worth trying it. I try it on with a lot of properties after I have been to give a market appraisal, but if it's wrong it's very wrong which leaves you a little confused.

We get lots of valuation rquests through Zoopla, but people fill the info in and get an estimate before I turn up at the house. When it's on the low side it makes my job easier, but when it's on the high side I almost always get kicked out of the house for being cheeky with my low appraisal :(

I went to an appraisal last week that Zoopla estimated £280k. A detached 4 bed property a few doors away with double garage sold a year ago for £225k. This one was a semi with a single garage, so I advised that their property go on the market for £180k.

I thought they were going to shoot me :o

I often find zooplas valuations quite ridiculous. Especially if the owner appears to have overpaid when they bought it. Saw a 1 bed cottage valued at £185k when not far away 3 bed semis are going for the same price!

Had a peep at a house I know.

The Present valuation is £220k. [Knock 50% off, and its still massively overvauled]

Last time it was sold was in 1996 for £83k

[i may make them an offer. £85k. And if they refuse, Its me who should be acting disgusted. As Its Not worth a penny more]

Edited by Dan1

It is showing an awful lot of people in postcodes SA2 and SA3 being underwater by several tens of thousands of pounds re if they sold today.

Alas, in the real world, the sods are trying to sell ABOVE what they paid for so the gulf between asking prices and what zoopla thinks a house is worth is enormous.

It is showing an awful lot of people in postcodes SA2 and SA3 being underwater by several tens of thousands of pounds re if they sold today.

Alas, in the real world, the sods are trying to sell ABOVE what they paid for so the gulf between asking prices and what zoopla thinks a house is worth is enormous.

BTW, do we know what proportion of property buyers are aware of these house price sites? :unsure:

BTW, do we know what proportion of property buyers are aware of these house price sites? :unsure:

I can only go by a handful of buyers I have spoken to over the past 6 or 7 years - just one guy out of about 30 or 40 buyers.

Yes this is true. I looked at a house that I sold in 2009. Zoopla said that it was marketed for £25,000 more that I put it on the market for and the date was 2005. So wrong on both counts there :-S

I can only go by a handful of buyers I have spoken to over the past 6 or 7 years - just one guy out of about 30 or 40 buyers.

:o

Even worse than I thought then! :(

Morons!!!

These idiots keep prices up!!!

We have noted that their estimates are very unreliable as they have no real idea of the condition of a property internally or whether property now has integrated appliances in kitchen. Some in road we are considering have integrated appliances and some nothing. Also some with sea views are lower priced than smaller properties in the road behind ...

(...) It needs tweaking and to be more comprehensive but I have found it useful.

Now that it is online Rightmove will probably get quite some pressures to fix the problems. Perhaps we should bump this thread in a few weeks, or start a new one then, and test the site again?

I still think rightmoveplus is better, not sure why right move don't make this available to everyone. It seems unfair that agents should have access to all the info and still abuse their position.

Edited by luvadealme

I still think rightmoveplus is better, not sure why right move don't make this available to everyone. It seems unfair that agents should have access to all the info and still abuse their position.

What does rightmove plus allow you to do? Is only available to agents or can anyone sign up and pay for it?

What does rightmove plus allow you to do? Is only available to agents or can anyone sign up and pay for it?

It's a tool for agents, it allows them to view how similar properties have been marketed; not just price you can see descriptions, floor plans pics, dates when they were on rightmove etc of archived properties.

When ever I get sent a 'must see' property by an agent (in fact prior to all viewings) I do a search for similar properties in same postcode or within a quarter of a mile and often go back to question their pricing, pointing out that other agents (or themselves) have marketed similar properties at different (usually lower) prices in the past. I assume all EAs have access to this.

It's a tool for agents, it allows them to view how similar properties have been marketed; not just price you can see descriptions, floor plans pics, dates when they were on rightmove etc of archived properties.

When ever I get sent a 'must see' property by an agent (in fact prior to all viewings) I do a search for similar properties in same postcode or within a quarter of a mile and often go back to question their pricing, pointing out that other agents (or themselves) have marketed similar properties at different (usually lower) prices in the past. I assume all EAs have access to this.

How do you have access? You don't sound like an agent?

How do you have access? You don't sound like an agent?

Nope, I use a friend who used to be an EA's old branch login. Very sneaky I know, but I figure it will be the biggest purchase of my life, so why not do the legwork.

Should have seen how long I spent researching TV's before I eventually bought one.....