House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Spart

Ubs - Punch Up On The Trading Floor

Link

UBS has apparently decided the future of two star traders who are said to have got involved in some fisticuffs on the firm's trading floor in Sydney, Australia.

According to local press reports, Tuesday's altercation between the two men, who are said to have known each other for 15 years, started with a 'gentle shove' and escalated from there (as these things can often do).

See video to the right, which is not the UBS guys, but nevertheless a classic (the action starts around 42 seconds).

The UBS traders are said to have been separated by colleagues, then sent home. Their fate, it seems, was in the hands of management and Human Resources (God help 'em), which is said to have conduced an investigation.

A UBS spokesperson told The Wall Street Journal: 'Appropriate action has been taken, and the matter is now closed. We're not going to confirm anything else'.

One trader told Here Is The City: 'In the old days, bun fights on the trading floor were quite acceptable. In fact, they were encouraged. We all joined in - it was great for morale. Things are different now, of course - you can't fight, cuss, make sexist comments or even f.rt on the floor without getting a written warning (or worse) from someone in the firm.

'A bit of a punch-up now and again never did anyone any harm. Hell, it at least shows these guys have a bit of passion!'.

:lol:

Actually this website hereisthecity.com looks to be a source of some potential gems. :)

Edited by Dave Spart

I get the daily "Here is the City" email. Always great for catching up on City gossip.

I would definitely read this story that came in yesterday, about being stuck in a high paying job that you hate:

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/business_news/12400.cntns

I recognize exactly what the article says. Recently, realizing how my own health was suffering, I made some changes to my lifestyle and thankfully got my mojo back.

Edited by Dave Spart