House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

muggle

Ons Happiness Questions Revealed

ONS happiness questions revealed

Hundreds of thousands of people will be asked whether they think the lives they lead are “worthwhile” as part of David Cameron’s plan to measure the nation’s wellbeing.

Government researchers will begin questioning the first 200,000 over-16s across Britain from April to assess how satisfied they are with their lives on a scale of 0 to 10, and how anxious or happy they feel.

Further research is expected to focus on detailed areas that affect individuals’ perceptions of their own happiness, such as the state of their marriage, friendships and personal health.

The initiative has a budget of £2 million a year with the first four questions in the initial survey of 200,000 people costing £500,000 to conduct, according to the Office for National Statistics, which is running the scheme.

The Prime Minister believes the state can have a role in helping citizens “feel better” and has argued that successful governments should improve the quality of life as well as the strength of the economy...

...on a scale of 0 to 10 to the following questions:

· Overall, how satisfied are you with your life nowadays?

· Overall, how happy did you feel yesterday?

· Overall, how anxious did you feel yesterday?

· Overall, to what extent do you feel the things you do in your life areworthwhile?

Source

So, your thoughts?

0, 0, 10, 0 for me :angry:

They don't really say much about anything, so what's the point?

Surely a better idea would be to ask what would make people happier on a scale of 1-10, like:

How much happier would you be if you saw MPs and Banksters slung into jail for fraud?

How much happier would you be if all the b*llocks laws introduced in the last 13 years were repealed?

How much happier would you be if you could afford to buy a reasonable home of your own without having a lifetimes worth of debt millstone?

How much happier would you be if the law changed back to favouring the victims rather than the f*cking criminals?

How much happier would you be if we told the Court of Human Rights to f*ck off?

Etc, etc.

I'd be a damn sight happier for one!

Edit - It's a mystery.... ;)

now, do it again with 10 levels. and a nose...and hair.

:lol: ...what are you trying to do to me, this is supposed to be fun not a headache. ;)

Source

So, your thoughts?

0, 0, 10, 0 for me :angry:

+1

Sometimes I feel like a beast of burden that's covered in horseflies, infested with botfly larvae, plague by mosquitoes, belly full of tape worm and perpetually beaten by a selfish master.

Ok maybe not so bad. :lol:

Derren Brown-style misdirection to distract the punters from the looting.

Happy yet?

They don't really say much about anything, so what's the point?

Surely a better idea would be to ask what would make people happier on a scale of 1-10, like:

How much happier would you be if you saw MPs and Banksters slung into jail for fraud?

How much happier would you be if all the b*llocks laws introduced in the last 13 years were repealed?

How much happier would you be if you could afford to buy a reasonable home of your own without having a lifetimes worth of debt millstone?

How much happier would you be if the law changed back to favouring the victims rather than the f*cking criminals?

How much happier would you be if we told the Court of Human Rights to f*ck off?

Etc, etc.

I'd be a damn sight happier for one!

Edit - It's a mystery.... ;)

Hah - the Elitist bastards removed any authority from teachers/parents (kids can jail parents/ruin teachers career for chastising/hitting when they really misbehave) and have now got Army brainwashers going in to teach kids and supposedly 'restore order' (just like they removed regular Police from troubled estates to cause maximum stress to people living there)

Three very old mates of mine all bought themselves out of the army/Raf early coz it was a feck-up at grunt level. (Working on Tornado engines etc)

Happiness and life satisfaction takes places in our hearts and our brains not our pockets.

Politicians, bankers and the TV propaganda want us to use the left half of brain - that's why so many people feel down in today's dull world full of logical, square and rational analysis.

Airports, supermarkets, square buildings, monitors, TVs - everything is so systematic, logical and soul-less. Totally against our human nature.

I don't care about logic, I care more about little daily things that feel good to me even when there's no 'logic' there - it's key to happiness. Use your right half!

Left-side-Right-side.jpg

Happiness and life satisfaction takes places in our hearts and our brains not our pockets.

Politicians, bankers and the TV propaganda want us to use the left half of brain - that's why so many people feel down in today's dull world full of logical, square and rational analysis.

Airports, supermarkets, square buildings, monitors, TVs - everything is so systematic, logical and soul-less. Totally against our human nature.

I don't care about logic, I care more about little daily things that feel good to me even when there's no 'logic' there - it's key to happiness. Use your right half!

Left-side-Right-side.jpg

How...I had a right brain out of body experience in the Westminster Cathedral during an organ recital......a direct link to the Universe of knowledge...never been back but would like to go :(

Left-side-Right-side.jpg

Some interesting stuff in this book;

51MPj6EYqxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I honestly thing Cameron is heading in the right direction. Look at how rich we are and all the benefits that brings, but most people are miserable sods because they're unhappy, indebt and feel like a sheep.

I find it iron that the Tories are pushing this and Labour (who you'd usually expect it from) are the ones saying 'Money makes you happy', when we all know it doesn't, it only helps.

10,10,10,10....did I pass. ;)

Maybe you're not reading the questions properly... 10 for question 3 isn't what most people would think of as pass mark! :)

Luckily, this isn't an intelligence test! :lol:

(I appreciate this last thing was a really cheeky thing to say -- I hope you'll take it in the light-hearted way it was intended and not become too anxious about it... ;) )

Maybe you're not reading the questions properly... 10 for question 3 isn't what most people would think of as pass mark! :)

Luckily, this isn't an intelligence test! :lol:

(I appreciate this last thing was a really cheeky thing to say -- I hope you'll take it in the light-hearted way it was intended and not become too anxious about it... ;) )

I didn't even read the questions because I think it is pathetic the government wants to waste resources measuring the nations well being...pole is right, happiness comes from within, from nature, from support of those around you, from health, a security that you feel able to support yourself and those you are responsible for, work that is fulfilling, satisfying, having a purpose ......happiness= freedom happiness=choices......no fear, no anger,no resentment, no jealousy....bad emotions that when eliminated from your life can improve it immensely.........being thankful for what you do have rather than forever coveting more........hope that helps. ;)