House Price Crash Forum

This Is A New One For Swansea On Rm

HOLA441

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32840897.html

*** 11% Discount (£30,000) *** against a Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors Valuation of £280,000 carried out in Feb 2011 to confirm that this is a Genuine Discounted Property in Today's Market

The Owners of this property NEED A QUICK SALE and are willing to accept offers from SERIOUS BUYERS that are in a position to move immediately.

Priced to Sell Fast

Ideal Family Home

The Property comprises of

Lounge

Dining Room

Kitchen

3 Bedrooms

Gas Central Heating

SOLD WITH NO ONWARD CHAIN

Call us Now on 0808 188 1181

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

FWIW, whilst I don't know the details of this particular bungalow, I was talking to a local EA about a couple of other bungalows in the area only about 3 weeks back.

He told me that he had recently managed to sell one for 170K, or 180K, IIRC but that was after it being on the market for over a year at about 210K.

He told me he was trying to sell another at the moment for 230K because the lady who had owned it had passed on and her son and daughter were adamant that it would go for 230K. He tried to get them to put it at 200K telling them they would be lucky to get 190K but they weren't having it.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Viewed a house yesterday. After saying 'hello' the next thing the seller said was 'It's priced to sell you know" which I took to mean 'Don't even think about offering less than the asking price".

I would have walked out there and then. Not even saying bye.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

There are a couple of these companies based in Swansea that sell nationwide although they prefer to stay local.

Most of the time they have to advertise it on Rightmove to get it past certain loop holes and be able to sell it to an investor already lined up.

The investor usually needs to put about £3 - 5k down as the rest of the deposit can be used from a bridging loan taken out using the apparent equity in the property due to it being around 20% BMV.

HOLA4414

There are a couple of these companies based in Swansea that sell nationwide although they prefer to stay local.

Most of the time they have to advertise it on Rightmove to get it past certain loop holes and be able to sell it to an investor already lined up.

The investor usually needs to put about £3 - 5k down as the rest of the deposit can be used from a bridging loan taken out using the apparent equity in the property due to it being around 20% BMV.

That is really interesting to know.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

It is a few hundred yards from those houses that are on the market for 600K or is it 700K? I don't think anyone has lived in them have they?

I hear that at least one person bought one and was mightily p........d off one week later when the sellers went bankrupt. The others look empty.

The bungalow is 667a Gower Road. It is an infill behind Mike Davies leisure. So access is through a semi industrial land with rusting containers etc. The bungalow does not join to the road, so presumably future access problems could occur.

£250k?

HOLA4419

Can't be arsed to click the link but is this agency express? I've seen a few of these in Essex. Normally more like 15% -20% discounts.

"Arsed" Are you English ? why do you have to use such an expression ? This site is always going on about chavish Britain, are you one of them ?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

The agents appear to be 'We sell houses', Boreham Wood Hertfordshire

Must be a repo.

Depends where it is in Killay, but still overvalued

I've seen a couple on in Swansea with "Express" and they did come in on properties that had been on for yonks and slash the previous prices.

Not so in this case or with this agent by the look of things; it's at least 50K over the top.

HOLA4422

nah, not this firm.

They have a unit on an industrial estate in hertfordshire and have a grand total of 10 properties on their books across the whole of the country.

Doubt any investors would want anything to do with wesellhouses

I always thought that the firms engaged in this sort of affair were the ones that buy cash for 20% below the valuation and then charge investors a fee to find BMV houses that they already own.

Edited by richyc

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Viewed a house yesterday. After saying 'hello' the next thing the seller said was 'It's priced to sell you know" which I took to mean 'Don't even think about offering less than the asking price".

you should have said "my offer will be priced to buy you know".

HOLA4425