House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viz Comic

It was great, my sister bought home a copy from Uni as she knew I'd like it.

Bought it every month for a few years, and would recommend it to anybody who hasn't tried it.

It was great, my sister bought home a copy from Uni as she knew I'd like it.

Bought it every month for a few years, and would recommend it to anybody who hasn't tried it.

Used to post it to my son when he was in the army - in Bosnia, Kosovo, N.I., Iraq.....always wondered what the locals made of the back numbers!ph34r.gif

It once enjoyed being the third most popular magazine in the UK,[1] but ABC-audited sales have since dropped to an average of 76,408 per issue in 2009[2] (from 1.2 million).

Wow, that's some drop.

I used to buy it in the 90's, not really sure why I stopped as it was always excellent.

Never bought it in years but just been reading the Wikipedia entry for it and nealr p1ssed me sel laughing. A total class act.

VIZ

:lol::lol::lol:

Just read the Wiki entry. Very funny.

If you find the wiki entry funny, you should buy the mag and read it on the tube!smile.gif

The last few times I bought it was at the airport when flying somewhere on holiday - I had to stop doing that as I always felt that everyone else on the plane thought I was some sort of feckking retard from trying to stifle the laughs. I recall the ad for the DIY "Brothel Loft", think I actually cried reading it, it was so funny;

What people have said about the Brothel Loft "I used to keep my dads old train set in the loft but now it's a thriving bawdy house and I'm pimping six bitches from it"

Brothel Loft

My dream job when i was younger was to work at Viz. I bet they have an amazing working environment.

My non-existant drawing skills and inadequate sense of homour failed me however.

My dream job when i was younger was to work at Viz. I bet they have an amazing working environment.

My non-existant drawing skills and inadequate sense of homour failed me however.

I wrote a few items published in Letterbocks, and I won a video once for the "star letter"!

I can't see how I could live on that! :lol::blink::huh:

i

I wrote a few items published in Letterbocks, and I won a video once for the "star letter"!

I can't see how I could live on that! :lol::blink::huh:

i

Big fat elephants fannny

"It once enjoyed being the third most popular magazine in the UK,[1] but ABC-audited sales have since dropped to an average of 76,408 per issue in 2009[2] (from 1.2 million)."

If you think that's an alarming statistic - take a look at its cover price - makes houses look like a docile asset class.

Ive been a subscriber since i was a teenager. Its not as good as it used to be but its its still great and well worth reading every issue. Should check out the website www.viz.co.uk. Some great stuff on there.

My non-existant drawing (and spelling) skills and inadequate sense of homour failed me however.

About a year ago I gave a 4 feet pile of old viz comics away as I couldnt ever see myself reading them again and they didnt appear to be worth anything (approx 97-2004ish).

As a kid my dad used to buy it and I would read them after him and collect them but when i went to Uni he chucked a similalry sozed pile away that I had in the loft (90-97)

Thats over 8 foot of Viz comic Ive let slip through my hands over the years...

The Profanisaurus has been one of the best parts for the last few years. I have a couple of those books as compulsory tolilet reading material.

About a year ago I gave a 4 feet pile of old viz comics away as I couldnt ever see myself reading them again and they didnt appear to be worth anything (approx 97-2004ish).

As a kid my dad used to buy it and I would read them after him and collect them but when i went to Uni he chucked a similalry sozed pile away that I had in the loft (90-97)

Thats over 8 foot of Viz comic Ive let slip through my hands over the years...

The Profanisaurus has been one of the best parts for the last few years. I have a couple of those books as compulsory tolilet reading material.

96 inches.....fnaar, fnaar!