House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

Put Another Offer In On A House

For all of you who have been following my comments about recent offers I've made that have been rejected.

I put an offer in on a house on monday. The offer is a full 10% below the asking price which was pretty fair anyway, but not cheap. Fill your own numbers in as I might get this one & don't want you all who know my area to find it on the net & know which one it is (I'd like a little privacy despite my openness in my posts).

Suffice to say that its above 500k.

Anyway, today I received a call from the agent. The vendor, who has only had their house on the market for 3-4 weeks, has asked the agent not to accept or reject my offer. They want to put me on hold for a while, whilst they see if anyone is out there who'll make a better offer.

As we all know, it's a slow market, so this could be the one that I get as the vendors obviously realise it might be the best offer they get.

No problems for me I said, but don't leave it for too long as I don't want to be looking for tenants at Christmas and I'm still hunting, so something else is bound to come up soon.

:D

TTRTR, what does half a million plus get you these days in Wandsworth? I'm guessing a house that was built a hundred years ago???

Instead, why not have a look at this lot: Sunseeker

Yeah, yeah, I know. I don't have the millionaire mindset....

TTRTR, what does half a million plus get you these days in Wandsworth? I'm guessing a house that was built a hundred years ago???

Instead, why not have a look at this lot: Sunseeker

Yeah, yeah, I know. I don't have the millionaire mindset....

I guess you haven't heard of depreciation & lost opportunity?

Why not get your place first, then spend the rest, rather than the other way around...... :(