House Price Crash Forum
Bob Loblaw

Cameron The Hypocrite

...hardly ...the Dictator has gone ...Gordo rarely visits the 'House' .....and we did it with votes.... :rolleyes:

The gangster bankster dictatorship continues.

Very good poster.

The more I see of Cameron the less I like the pillock.

Screwing over the young so the baby boomers can continue to enjoy 16 holidays a year isn't my idea of a 'society fair for all.'

Still so long as the bankers can continue to loot the system all is well...

The gangster bankster dictatorship continues.....

...cultivated and encouraged by the Stalinist Brown to create his 'economic miracle' ....up to the Coalition to get rid of the scum side of that industry .... :rolleyes:

The more I see of Cameron the less I like the pillock.

Screwing over the young so the baby boomers can continue to enjoy 16 holidays a year isn't my idea of a 'society fair for all.'

Still so long as the bankers can continue to loot the system all is well...

Me too, all the time in opposition there was almost no mention of the debt bubble from the back benches, wonder why?

Bought and paid for democracy.

Edited by OnlyMe

Me too, all the time in opposition there was almost no mention of the debt bubble from the back benches, wonder why?

Bought and paid for democracy.

Too true, the Tories would have played the game exactly the same as Labour did. Allowing the system to be flushed with cheap money to keep the Sheeple (believing they were) happy while profiting themselves on 2nd homes and BTL empires.

They are all bent and bitches of the bankers.

Edited by MrFlibble

Too true, the Tories would have played the game exactly the same as Labour did. Allowing the system to be flushed with cheap money to keep the Sheeple (believing they were) happy while profiting themselves on 2nd homes and BTL empires.

They are all bent and bitches of the bankers.

....+ 60 % of the UK Population ....they were warned ...was it Howarth or IDS in 2004..at least we know it was Gordo.... :rolleyes:

UK housing bubble 'could burst'

23 September 2004

House prices in the UK could be set for a sharp fall in the next 18 months, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned.

The IMF's World Economic Outlook shows that since 1997, UK house prices have risen at one of the fastest rates in the industrialised world.

With interest rates rising, the risk of a sharp fall in house prices is increased.

According to the IMF, there is 'a danger that higher interest rates could trigger a much larger downward adjustment in prices, with considerably more severe consequences for real economic activity'.

Recent reports have suggested that the UK housing market is beginning to slow down, as a result of the recent interest rate rises.

The minutes of the latest Monetary Policy Committee meeting have revealed that all nine of the committee's members voted to keep interest rates on hold this month, although a further rise had been considered.

http://www.plummer-parsons.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=12284&d=601&h=160&f=260

Edited by South Lorne

Nicely summed up I think.

Ben Elton did a gag in the 80s that Mrs Fatch was standing 4 square in support of the Trade Unions.

The only thing was, they had to be in Poland.

It was funny at the time.

But if the point of this is to highlight hypocrisy in politicians,

Well... Duh.

Cameron recently invited foreign wealth to buy Britain, with the words:

Britain has "property rights and the rule of law".

In Kuwait his mantra was:

"Justice; rule of law; and freedom"

Note the order and the assertion of subsequent enforcement.

Is this what you want?

Cameron recently invited foreign wealth to buy Britain, with the words:

Britain has "property rights and the rule of law".

In Kuwait his mantra was:

"Justice; rule of law; and freedom"

Note the order and the assertion of subsequent enforcement.

Is this what you want?

I think you can read too much into sound bytes though.

I would imagine that what he is saying is that we are a mature democracy and we aren't going to go all Mugabe on your ass.

Still, they might regret buying property in one of only a few countries with a huge inflated bubble that has yet to pop properly. :)

tumblr_lg5bpyZp591qf6qofo1_500.png

Nicely summed up I think.

The one on the right is rioting against a totalitarian dictatorship.

The one on the left is rioting because the democratically elected government won't give him what he wants for free.

You do understand the difference don't' you? :unsure:

Edited by Goat

I think you can read too much into sound bytes though.

I would imagine that what he is saying is that we are a mature democracy and we aren't going to go all Mugabe on your ass.

Still, they might regret buying property in one of only a few countries with a huge inflated bubble that has yet to pop properly. :)

Nope. You're missing the point. The "rule of law" has become a persistent phrase.

Note that Cameron is looking to effectively privatise all public services, apart from Justice and the Police.

You will abide and it will be enforced. I suggest you take it seriously.

Nothing changes.

The tuition fees will have only one outcome, ****** all young people will go to unviersity.

This may or may not be a good thing depending on your opinion.

What I do want to know in the case of the students whatever happened to passive resistance, don't go to university, don't even apply, just sign on.

This will make the jobless figures look horrendous, ramp up the benefits bill. It will annoy the politicians senseless and cut down on most of the shit universities we have.

If you are going to protest do what the fuel protesters did, bring London to a grinding halt in your cars. If you are on a rally and the police turn up don't confront them just sit or lie down enmasse, how stupid and ineffectual will this make the police look.

As for notifying the police of a rally well ****** that if just gives them a chance to kettle you in. If you do get kettled in refuse to give your name and address and don't carry any id.

There are things that can be done

The one on the left is rioting because the democratically elected government won't give him what he wants for free.

The one on the left may have voted in a 'democratic' election based on the promise made by a politician. Those promises were then broken and what was put in place was what the Coalition dictated. Cant see a huge amount of difference, at least places in the ME don't waste time pretending to have a democracy.

...cultivated and encouraged by the Stalinist Brown to create his 'economic miracle' ....up to the Coalition to get rid of the scum side of that industry .... :rolleyes:

+ 1

This is Brown's bubble.

Could do with an apostrophe.

:lol:

+ 1

+ 1

Edited by Tired of Waiting

tumblr_lg5bpyZp591qf6qofo1_500.png

The one on the right seems to be a local person committed to making meaningful change for the better in the country in which he lives.

The one on the left seems to be a non-local person committed to creating as much upheaval as possible in a situation in which he has no personal stake at all.

Guest sillybear2

I was lucky enough to be out of the Country for the first 5 years of Blair's reign so maybe someone can enlighten me.

Did the leftie rent-a-mob riot when New Labour first introduced these charges for tertiary education?

A little.

tumbleweed.gif

I was lucky enough to be out of the Country for the first 5 years of Blair's reign so maybe someone can enlighten me.

Did the leftie rent-a-mob riot when New Labour first introduced these charges for tertiary education?

When they introduced them you must have still been in the country , so maybe you can answer your own question .

Found this little nugget in the BBC archives

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6273959.stm

Tuition fees 'may rise to £6,000'

Tuition fees will have to rise to at least £6,000 a year to cover teaching costs, a survey of England's university managers suggests.

The Guardian poll of 100 university heads reveals growing unease about the new funding system which allows a maximum £3,000 fee to be charged.

It is also suggested that fees for some science courses could reach £10,000.

The date of this article ..... 2007 !!!

Complete and utter b*llocks

In medieval Britain, the Normans controlled the entire means of production (land, minerals, resources etc). The only way a Saxon peasant could make a living was to offer his services to the Norman overlords. However, the peasant, in order to be useful, needed to be taught a skill or set of skills. During this period, he would still need to be sheltered, fed and watered. This represented an operating cost to the Normans.

Because they owned the entire means of production, the Normans could force the Saxon peasants to pay for any operating costs such as training etc. Consequently, in order to be even allowed the privilege of being able to earn a living, the Saxon was obliged to pay a substantial sum of money to his Norman lord. Naturally, most peasants did not have any money. This was resolved by them taking on a debt to the Norman Lord right at the start of their lives. For many peasants, this debt took years or even their entire lifetime to pay off.

The only way that the actions of the Normans could be seen as being morally justifiable would have been if the Saxon peasant had a free option to refuse the terms that were being offered. However, since they had no access to the means of production and so had no alternative means by which they could choose to make a living the Saxon peasant had no choice but to submit to the onerous terms.

It was basically a form of debt slavery.

Fast-forward several centuries.....

In modern Britain, large multinational industrialists control the vast proportion of the means of production (land, minerals, resources etc). The only way a typical UK citizen can make a living is to offer his services to the industrialists. However, the citizen, in order to be useful, needs to be taught complex skills. This represents an operating cost to the industrialists.

Because they own the vast proportion of the means of production, the industrialists can force the citizen to pay for any residual costs such as training etc. Consequently, in order to be even allowed the privilege of being able to earn a living, the citizen is obliged to pay a substantial sum of money to the industrialists. He does this, indirectly, by paying for the training that the industrialist would otherwise have to pay for as just one more of his operating costs in much the same way as he has to pay for plant equipment, buildings etc. Naturally, most young people do not have any money. This is resolved by them taking on a debt right at the start of their working lives. For many students, this debt will take years or even their entire lifetime to pay off.

The only way that the actions of the industrialists can be seen as being morally justifiable would be if the typical citizen has a free option to refuse the terms that are being offered. However, since they have no access to the means of production and so have no alternative means by which they can choose to make a living the citizen has no choice but to submit to the onerous terms.

It is basically a form of debt slavery.

Spot the difference?

You do understand there is no difference don't you?

Edited by tallguy