House Price Crash Forum

Mp3 Downloads

Patfig

HOLA441
HOLA442

Not free but very cheap , about 80p per album / 10p per track - www.mp3panda.com

It's legal in Russia where it's based, you pay your money to a company in Holland or somewhere so I guess that any attempt to prosecute its UK customers could have unintended consequences in this 'globalised' world. I've used it for a couple of years now.

HOLA443

Where do any of you guys download music and stuff from?

The kids are starting to get into this and I dont want to spend anything , the tight sod that I am

I've heard you can download music for free using a program called 'frostwire', its good for individual tracks apparently.

I'm reliably informed that films and albums etc can be obtained illegally via 'isohunt.com' and then a bittorrent client such as 'vuze'.

So I'm told

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Interesting! Not heard of that approach - though how do you do whole movies as youtube is limited to around 10 minutes per clip?

Download the high quality version and merge into one and then convert into a AVI if needed, or if you can't find a merging tool for the original format convert into a AVI and then merge using virtual dub.

Although I've never done this, although I could try it with the credit report show I downloaded.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Where do any of you guys download music and stuff from?

The kids are starting to get into this and I dont want to spend anything , the tight sod that I am

Not used it myself, but lavamus is supposed to be good. Another one of the Russian ones I think, you pay pennies per song.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Just buy what you want to watch/listen to. If you don't think it's worth buying, don't watch/listen to it. It's quite simple.

Stealing content off the internet just because you can do it with little fear of getting caught doesn't make it morally acceptable.

Use iTunes or whatever other legal download medium you prefer but don't be such a feckin' low-life.

Many of my friends work in film/TV/music and they deserve better than to have their work stolen without a second thought.

HOLA4416

Just buy what you want to watch/listen to. If you don't think it's worth buying, don't watch/listen to it. It's quite simple.

Stealing content off the internet just because you can do it with little fear of getting caught doesn't make it morally acceptable.

Use iTunes or whatever other legal download medium you prefer but don't be such a feckin' low-life.

Many of my friends work in film/TV/music and they deserve better than to have their work stolen without a second thought.

Was that directed at me or someone else?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

It was directed at anyone who thinks stealing stuff off the net is fine. Lots of recommendations of where to go to pick up pirated content so far on this thread.

It`s revenge for all those years of being conned into buying an LP on the strength of a decent single only to be confronted with said single and eleven tracks of polyfilla.

More than a few years ago "the biz" used to witter on about how home taping was killing music. I think by music they meant profit and I remember one of my favourites ( Elvis Costello ) did point out though that it was actually crap music that was killing music.

Having said all that I shamefully have to admit that I do buy a fair bit of hard copy myself.

Old habits and all that. :(

HOLA4420

I used to use Slsk as a form of quality control. Download a couple of tracks...if they're crap, i'd delete them, otherwise, I'd go and buy the physical CD (I personally don't like MP3s)...you don't have to do this any more, thanks to the numerous array of streaming methods - is this also classed as theft?

The music industry has been treating the consumer as saps for years, vastly overcharging for an album which should have been a half of not a third of the price... I'm not so bothered about the larger labels...but I do care about those small, fledging labels who churn out good stuff..

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

My conscience is clear.

HOLA4424

I`ve been using this to download from Youtube and convert to mp3.

It seems to convert almost everything to almost anything....if you see what I mean.

Freestudio

I find JDownloader quite good for YouTube stuff. Not only do I get all the different resolutions of a video (240, 360 etc.) but an MP3 of the video's soundtrack as well.

HOLA4425

And put even more money into Rupert Murdoch and Simon Cowell's pockets?

Perhaps you could have a word with your friends that work in film/TV/music and ask them to come up with something original. I may consider buying it.

Archived