House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
deadmoneywalking

Key Drivers For Next Leg Down

I like the talk from over the pond about the fact that the forerunner to us recovery has ALWAYS been a resurgent house market.

That'll catch on with condem. How can that happen without significant correction in the market first? Of course it can't certainly not before stagflation. The thing which has demanded no HPC, recession, is only overcome longer term by HPC. The bubble is therefore the biggest obstacle to recovereh. It's their problem now... solutions will be found.

I think they know, I think the media are leaking more HPC, denying contribution to HPI, claiming they called HPC, they've given some opportunity to pay mortgages down with low IRs... the lubricant is being applied. It is going to be painful for a section of OOs but there's always winners and losers.

I like the talk from over the pond about the fact that the forerunner to us recovery has ALWAYS been a resurgent house market.

That'll catch on with condem. How can that happen without significant correction in the market first? Of course it can't certainly not before stagflation. The thing which has demanded no HPC, recession, is only overcome longer term by HPC. The bubble is therefore the biggest obstacle to recovereh. It's their problem now... solutions will be found.

I think they know, I think the media are leaking more HPC, denying contribution to HPI, claiming they called HPC, they've given some opportunity to pay mortgages down with low IRs... the lubricant is being applied. It is going to be painful for a section of OOs but there's always winners and losers.

You are absolutely correct, there will be no recovery until we return to a viable start point and part of that is a significant decrease in housing costs.

We are already behind the curve as many of our direct competitors are already assuming a recovery stance because they have had their HPC.

All this talk of stagflation for 5-10 years while wages catch up is complete b******ks, we'll be sunk well before then if we don't get to a recoverable position within the next 2-3 years.

HP will crash by 20-25%, then BoE will step in with QE, but only to cover the Banks losses.

They will probably continue to fall, but at a slower rate while people get used to the idea that wages ain't going up and the losses by the borrowers work through the system.

Thats the agenda now, government/media are all making HPC noises

Thats the agenda now, government/media are all making HPC noises

I reckon the government are totally aware how frail the housing market is and will do nearly as much as they can for it not to crash. That's what Shapps wants, that's why we have ZIRP, SMI and queasing. If they wanted to find a floor for the housing market, all they would have to do is raise interest rates to control inflation.

Face it, a crash would be bad for everybody not wanting to buy a house. The housing market is going to have to slide despite government intervention.