House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Selling Houses Drives You To Drink

Over the last few months i have noticed their house selling threads going from naive optimism to sheer doom & gloom. An amazing transformation. Perhaps it a true reflection of the market?

What they don't say in there threads is "after we bought our house for 40k, and had it valued at 500k we decided to move to OZ, but now we can't sell it. We're really having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that we have to lower our price by 15k, I really thought we could be rich beyond our wildest dreams...."

Seem fair to me, I've been saving for 4 years for my 6month trip to Oz, I know I've earned it! :lol:

Learning the hard way...

Thanks for the advice guys. We have thought about it long and hard and we've decided to accept the offer. Tbh, when we first had it valued for sale, two estate agents valued at c£185K, and c£182K, so it's more than likely that these were more realistic prices. However, we didn't see any harm in putting it on at the higher valuation we received at £200K.

We really can't afford to risk still having it on our hands in six months' time - or more! - as paying the mortgage in the UK and rental here is going to be crippling before too long. At least taking this offer it means that we don't have the monthly drain of the mortgage.

Common sense tells us it's probably better to cut and run - at least the offer covers the mortgage but not a lot more. We won't exactly have a bundle of dosh to worry about moving over here!

:rolleyes:

Believing the VI spin?

Not professional advice but I think he is taking the p**s with his offer and relying on the fact that you are desperate to sell. I assume that he knows of your plans to emigrate and anyone would be able to infer that people in this situation need to move quicker than the average seller. If my math's are correct, he is offering you £175k and this amounts to an insult really.

If this were me I would keep negotiating and make it clear that whilst your asking price may be negotiated, £175k is nowhere in the "ball-park" and for him to think again.

Also, take a look at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business...ney/4261082.stm

and

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/new...IN-PROPERTY.xml

I wish someone would insult me like that!

:rolleyes:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327021

Edited by Spirit

Normally the "Karma Comedians" give a chuckle, especially the thread recently (can't locate it easily) where some would be ex-pat described how their house was due to be viewed for a second time by a couple of lesbian kitchen fitters and her hubby put on some music from "Queer as folk" to "make them feel at home".

However, there's nothing funny about the advice this person is handing out:

A fool and his money ...

Normally the "Karma Comedians" give a chuckle, especially the thread recently (can't locate it easily) where some would be ex-pat described how their house was due to be viewed for a second time by a couple of lesbian kitchen fitters and her hubby put on some music from "Queer as folk" to "make them feel at home".

However, there's nothing funny about the advice this person is handing out:

A fool and his money ...

"What is wrong with everyone? I started a thread the other day saying "The Buyers are out there" but I have since changed my mind."

Yeah, come on you Brits,whats wrong with you all,get out there in that housing market and ..buy...buy..buy!

Bye,bye.