House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Criminals To Be Arrested And Tagged Before They Commit A Crime

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1359203/Life-crime-begins-3-children-Scientists-identify-disturbing-traits.html

At the age of three, most children will want to grow up to be a train driver, astronaut or princess.

But according to scientists, some toddlers are already destined for a life of crime.

Disturbing evidence has emerged that the psychological seeds of a criminal career can be seen before they even reach nursery school.

Abnormalities in the parts of the brain that handle emotions, guilt and fear are far more common in criminals than in law-abiding members of society, it shows.

It is unclear whether these abnormalities are genetic, the result of upbringing or both – but they can be measured at a surprisingly tender age.

The finding means youngsters could potentially be screened to see if they are at risk – and then ‘treated’ to prevent criminal behaviour.

Professor Adrian Raine, a former Home Office criminologist, agreed predictive scans were many years off.

But the father-of-two added: ‘If you told me my son had an 80 per cent chance of being a psychopath, but that he could be treated for it, I would have him treated. But it has to be a decision made by individuals, not by scientists.’

I like the father of two's comment, he fails to see the irony that it's OK for the parents decide to have the "child" treated but not the scientists, the individuals rights can safely be over ruled.

Minority Report?