HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

He started off by mentioning the great difficulties we are in/ Also, if we carryon it leads to fascism

I've been saying this for a while...the popular vote will swing to a political group and look like they can deliver real change, a group that puts britain first, a group that wont cow tow to the bankers, a group that the young look up to and trust....welcome to BNP.

HOLA4410

On another note, as a public service broadcaster, how are the bbc allowed to pollute my atheist ears with religious clap trap during a current affairs show?

I do not agree....it is good to listen to all sorts of views from all sorts of people, how can anyone make a judgement when they are not aware of other options. ;)

HOLA4411
He started off by mentioning the great difficulties we are in/ Also, if we carryon it leads to fascism

I agree that the biggest danger is scapegoating - particularly nasty and barmy tendencies trying to blame the HPI on immigrants, or China!

I think it may be too late.....

Qaa59tC2.jpg

****** the Express, and ****** The Mail :angry:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

On another note, as a public service broadcaster, how are the bbc allowed to pollute my atheist ears with religious clap trap during a current affairs show?

Atheists have as much right to be heard as any other belief system. If those who believe in nothing are not given a voice then those who believe in something (including the absense of something) will end up in the same place. Then those who don't believe in either atheism or not-atheism will terrorise the rest of us for our beliefs. The real problem is humans tendency to believe in one form of thought or another and the quest to validate your own belief system, whether its a belief in something or nothing. It often leads to tyranny. Best to believe in what you want to whether it is non-belief or belief in atheism, for example, and allow others to privilege of believing or not believing themselves. What we don't want is the belief in non believing rammed downt the throats of those who do not want to believe in not believing in something, whatever that may be--including "nothing."

So I quite agree.

HOLA4415

I do not agree....it is good to listen to all sorts of views from all sorts of people, how can anyone make a judgement when they are not aware of other options. ;)

So because somebody holds a position in some sort of religion, he has a right to air his opinions on national radio? What if his beliefs are all ********?

HOLA4416

So because somebody holds a position in some sort of religion, he has a right to air his opinions on national radio? What if his beliefs are all ********?

It depends what you believe in yourself. One man's crap is another person's belief. Those who believe in nothing must be allowed to hear from those who also believe in nothing as well as those who believe in something. Even atheists believe in a system of beliefs that form part of systematic thought (aka religion). The belief system of one should not be excluded by the belief system of another because all have the right to beleive in something or nothing. And "something" can equally be nothing if that is what the person does or does not want to believe in.

For example, I believe in the Hawkins model of the binary creation theory--everything is based on a binary code and is self-creating and self cancelling within its own binary subset (modified big bang theory). The primary subset is not, of course, binary as binary must be "created" by something other than itself. Does Steve have the right to ram this theory down the throats of the sontaneous generation crowd (Darwinists)? Sure he does as its just an opinion based on the binary code.

HOLA4417

It depends what you believe in yourself. One man's crap is another person's belief. Those who believe in nothing must be allowed to hear from those who also believe in nothing as well as those who believe in something. ETC

Thanks RB....you explained it better than I ever could. ;)

HOLA4418

It depends what you believe in yourself. One man's crap is another person's belief. Those who believe in nothing must be allowed to hear from those who also believe in nothing as well as those who believe in something. Even atheists believe in a system of beliefs that form part of systematic thought (aka religion). The belief system of one should not be excluded by the belief system of another because all have the right to beleive in something or nothing. And "something" can equally be nothing if that is what the person does or does not want to believe in.

For example, I believe in the Hawkins model of the binary creation theory--everything is based on a binary code and is self-creating and self cancelling within its own binary subset (modified big bang theory). The primary subset is not, of course, binary as binary must be "created" by something other than itself. Does Steve have the right to ram this theory down the throats of the sontaneous generation crowd (Darwinists)? Sure he does as its just an opinion based on the binary code.

You can believe in what you like, just as long as you don't also claim theres any truth in any of it.

There is no god. This is not a belief.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

So which of the stories listed have the Mail/Express made up?

Where did anyone say they were made up? :blink:. The Daily Rags are playing to people's fears and prejudices. You can make ANY group look bad ... even the "indigenous" population. The gutter press are quite happy to make you angry and resentful about groups, as long as they meet their targets and make money. They know how to push your buttons, and it seems to have worked with millions of people. The masses "parrot" the headlines, day after day.

m15929903.jpg

They are pushing your buttons for a reason .... it sells papers!

All these rags are doing is stirring up hatred, increasing tensions, and feeding prejudices .....

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Well, you shut him up. Just like they do in Libya or any other fascist state. But we're not quite there yet, despite Tony's Third Way.

HOLA4424

Very NuLab of you, very post modern - "it's all relative, so none of it matters".

All you need is reasonable protection of the basic freedoms from state interference, including freedom of expression and religious worship. Beyond that, it's just privileged groups telling people how to behave. Keep it simple and put your trust in people.

HOLA4425

Where did anyone say they were made up? :blink:. The Daily Rags are playing to people's fears and prejudices. You can make ANY group look bad ... even the "indigenous" population. The gutter press are quite happy to make you angry and resentful about groups, as long as they meet their targets and make money. They know how to push your buttons, and it seems to have worked with millions of people. The masses "parrot" the headlines, day after day.

m15929903.jpg

They are pushing your buttons for a reason .... it sells papers!

All these rags are doing is stirring up hatred, increasing tensions, and feeding prejudices .....

Very good post.

Archived