House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Moroccans Set Bank Ablaze During Demonstrations For Change

Protests are spreading more and more, and the Moroccans seem to know who the real enemies of the people are (the banksters).

(although personally I certainly don't support the violence and the killing)

http://www.alarabiya.../21/138600.html

Five burned bodies were found in a bank set ablaze in a north Moroccan town in unrest that erupted after weekend demonstrations for change, Interior Minister Taib Cherkaoui said Monday.

The minister also announced that 128 people, including 115 members of the security forces, were wounded in violence in several towns following largely peaceful demonstrations Sunday to demand political reform.

"The burned bodies of five people were recovered inside one of the bank branches set alight by rioters in the city of Al Hoceima," he told reporters.

They had not yet been identified. Violence broke out in the northern town, and other areas, after thousands of people staged rallies demanding political reform and limits on the powers of King Mohammed VI.

Witnesses said police used tear gas against protesters in Al Hoceima Sunday afterthey set fire to five cars and threw stones at a police station following the demonstration.

The Morocco protests followed others across the region demanding change.

Trouble is those 5 bodies are proles like the rest of us.

It's those at the top that really matter.

This revolt thingy is getting quite catching in the poorer income per capita areas. I wonder what the uproar from Western govts will be if there is a popular uprising and someone decides they aren't paying the money back, cue revulsion about it's just not on at least said dictator paid his dues whilst fleecing his people.

It's so noticeable how the media report the uprisings in the Arabic Mediterranean countries with the word 'protesters'. Same actions here and it would be 'rioters '.

It's so noticeable how the media report the uprisings in the Arabic Mediterranean countries with the word 'protesters'. Same actions here and it would be 'rioters '.

Just like the Ugurs in China are called freedom figthers while the Taleban or the IRA are called terrorists.

It simply depends on who the media (and therefore the elite) side with, see my signature.

--

Trouble is those 5 bodies are proles like the rest of us.

It's those at the top that really matter.

This revolt thingy is getting quite catching in the poorer income per capita areas. I wonder what the uproar from Western govts will be if there is a popular uprising and someone decides they aren't paying the money back, cue revulsion about it's just not on at least said dictator paid his dues whilst fleecing his people.

I'm pretty sure a revolution can pretty much guarantee a country's debts being nullified, as they were taken on against the will of the people and the new administration, see here:

Won't do the banks balance sheets any good. Just another big step towards global financial armageddon :)

With these protests, the thing that made me laugh was that the Egyptian government suddenly became Mubarek's regime over the course of just a few days.

Quick lads, the protesters are going to win we'll now call them the regime so everyone knows who the bad guys are!

With these protests, the thing that made me laugh was that the Egyptian government suddenly became Mubarek's regime over the course of just a few days.

"What is treason, gentlemen? Merely a matter of dates." -- The Marquis de Talleyrand, at the Congress of Vienna.