House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

40 Stone Teenager

In this case I am putting the blame fairly and squarely at the parents' door. That's no life for a kid.

She said: "I'd been following a programme of healthy eating in the camp where I'd been living in North Carolina, America, and I'd learned to enjoy low-fat foods like salads, bagels, yoghurt and even buffalo meat.

"I was really looking forward to trying it all out back home but, when I arrived, my mum said she hadn't had time to prepare any healthy food so we had fish and chips instead.

Without the full support of her mum Lesley, 55, and stepdad Arthur – and with no long-term follow-up package from Wellspring or the NHS – Georgia's old habits quickly returned.

She succumbed to the pressures of looking after her heart-patient mum – for whom she has been a registered carer since ten – and soon became a virtual recluse inside the family's cramped two-bed semi.

Nowadays her only exercise involves aiming darts at a board from a chair placed in the hallway.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3423206/Georgia-Davis-is-Britains-first-quarter-of-a-ton-teen-topping-40st-at-17.html

heart patient mum?

At 17 I could feed myself and didn't rely on the food choices of my parents. She should take control properly - how much of a carer is she if she doesn't do food shopping and cooking?

I feel sorry for her.

Whatever age she is now she appears to have had issues regarding her Mum's illness since she was about 10 - that is not easy. Some of her most formative years have set her on this path.

She could be:

1. Depressed.

2. Suffering from a carb sugar spiral where the more carbs she eats the quicker they are turned to sugar in her body and the hungrier she feels.

Sounds like some food education is important for her and support to get through the addiction to carbs. I wonder how big her Mum is physically?

The daughter is, so it says the registered carer of the mother: however the daughter states it is her mother's duty to cook the food.

Load of contradictory nonsense!

This child is simply a greedy fat slob.

I've noticed it is always something or someone else's fault that people are disgustingly obese.

Loads of dumb excuses and justifications.

I've noticed it is always something or someone else's fault that people are disgustingly obese.

There was someone on the TV last week saying not to use the word 'obese' as obese is a kop-out for people who are fat.

Obese sounds almost medical and as if it is not their fault. The advice was to use the word 'fat' as perhaps if Society used fat then it would begin to hit home.

There was someone on the TV last week saying not to use the word 'obese' as obese is a kop-out for people who are fat.

Obese sounds almost medical and as if it is not their fault. The advice was to use the word 'fat' as perhaps if Society used fat then it would begin to hit home.

Yet when we called Fat people Fat this was stated as being active discrimination and "Fattist"!

Thus perhaps the best descriptor is still lardass!

:lol:

LardAss.jpg

I feel sorry for her.

Whatever age she is now she appears to have had issues regarding her Mum's illness since she was about 10 - that is not easy. Some of her most formative years have set her on this path.

She could be:

1. Depressed.

2. Suffering from a carb sugar spiral where the more carbs she eats the quicker they are turned to sugar in her body and the hungrier she feels.

Sounds like some food education is important for her and support to get through the addiction to carbs. I wonder how big her Mum is physically?

There's a picture on the link:

SNN2105DD-380_1255755a.jpg

I accept that some people have a weakness for food and are naturally inclined to overeat. I regard myself as fortunate not to have this weakness but several people I know do.

I have had weight problems in the past from a weakness for beer. We are all different.

She gets carers allowance to look after her mother, nice.

I have put on half a stone since quitting work to look after my daughter at the beginning of Janyary.. I can see why everything goes south for stay at home peeps, boredom and snacking I'll reverse that when the weather improves and I can get out more with her. (target weight 10stone, first time in NY life that I am on a diet!!)

:lol:

At 16, she got down to 18st.

Now she is 17 and 40st.

How the **** do you put on 22st in about one year? That's about 1lb a day!

Some people have always been prone to eating a lot, but obesity is becoming a plague. In part it is our sedentary lifestyle, but I am sure that a lot of the cause is the nature of the junk we eat. Hydrogenated fats should be outlawed, for a start.

Edit to fess up: I'm overweight, due to lack of exercise and poor diet choices, but have found it just as easy to lose it in recent months. I cut down on the snacks, don't eat chocolate, etc.

where the hell do these great monsters get the cash to pack away so many calories a day?

No excuses, it isnt anything to do with glands or heavy bones she is just a fat lump.

who at 17 cant make their own salad and needs mummy to get their fish and chips?

atleast this great tub of sh1t wont breed or bleed the state for too long.

where the hell do these great monsters get the cash to pack away so many calories a day?

No excuses, it isnt anything to do with glands or heavy bones she is just a fat lump.

who at 17 cant make their own salad and needs mummy to get their fish and chips?

atleast this great tub of sh1t wont breed or bleed the state for too long.

She has a big weakness for food. You don't, I don't. I know several people who do, one I regularly go to lunch meetings with and he won't dare have a pasty because if he has one he will want to eat all of them. From talking to them it's like being a hardened smoker and they're not all fat.

It's a psychological issue isn't it.

Yes, and in those circumstances (lazy, unsupportive, demanding parents taking up her time) it has taken over.

I bet there are a few remote controls hidden away in those layers of lard.

Personally I'd execute the fat bitch, and her Mum.

I think the big question here, which everyone has overlooked, is would you smash it? (or should that be, could you smash it?...)

Should it be considered child abuse to allow children to get excessively fat?

Parents are responsible for what their kids eat up until the point a child starts earning it's own money.

Should it be considered child abuse to allow children to get excessively fat?

Parents are responsible for what their kids eat up until the point a child starts earning it's own money.

Yes, to a point but I dont believe it could stretch to a 17 year old though.

She has a big weakness for food. You don't, I don't. I know several people who do, one I regularly go to lunch meetings with and he won't dare have a pasty because if he has one he will want to eat all of them. From talking to them it's like being a hardened smoker and they're not all fat.

maybe it is more like an addiction, although not recognised as one or as dangerous as others. The thing that I do not understand is that many drinkers and smokers will give up when their lives are on the line.

The other thing is that some of these people can barely move and have carers. How the fk can they keep ballooning when they cant move or prepare food? It would be easy to make them lose weight by feeding them less crap.

This girl could gorge all day on fruit and veg if she needs to eat and break the habbit, no point eating sh1t and blaming the rest of the world. Fat people have no one else to blame.