House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tommyboy

Offering Less But 6 Months Up Front

i read that someone offered 20% less with 6 months upfront and was excepted

has anyone else has similar experience

am looking at a £1200 a month, thinking of offering £900 per month 6 month up front

Suspect that a 25% discount will be too much for a guaranteed 6 months with no rental gaps and money up front.

Have discussed 10% off for 6 months before and been politely declined. Have also looked at discounts for longer term tenancy agreements and been declined.

Basically it's all up to the landlord and how desperate they are to rent. You could always remind them of course that for every months tenancy gap they lose 8.5% of the yearly rental - may convince them to take your offer if it's been un-rented for a while.

am looking at a £1200 a month, thinking of offering £900 per month 6 month up front

Hi Tommyboy!

I have offered £1200 for a £1500 / month property with a six-month advance, which makes a 20% - discount. Offer was accepted within 2 hours.

sceptic

I guess its different in different places, but people I know who offered less with nothing up front and had it accepted, but then rent was put up at the end of the six months agreement. Not a problem if you don't mind moving every 6 months though.

HI Tommyboy, we've been renting for 18 months now (same place) original rental asking price was £2400, we actually pay £1800 but as a sweetner we said we'd give 6 months up front. Accepted in 24 hours.

Currently have an offer on the table on a new property - asking rent £1975 - we've offered £1500, but will be reviewing on Saturday and will drop the offer to £1400 with 6 mths up front...agent has indicated LL desperate as she was asked to contact us (as the original offer was made 1 mth ago and he turned it down).

Agents tells me that LL will only let if they are very flexible on the rents!!

Good luck to you.

I am thinking of doing the same(paying six months up front) for a 12 month contract. However am I right in saying the landlord will not rush to fix things in property as you have already paid? Tenant will not be able to threaten to not pay rent?

I am thinking of doing the same(paying six months up front) for a 12 month contract. However am I right in saying the landlord will not rush to fix things in property as you have already paid? Tenant will not be able to threaten to not pay rent?

Hi,

I have just had an offer accepted of £625 on a property advertised at £675. It is with 6 months up front on a 12 month contract. :D

It is agency managed, so the offer should have no effect on any repairs getting fixed slower. Not if they want the remaining 6 months anyway :lol:

Cheers

BR :)

We got 15% off our rent with nothing up front except the deposit and a let out clause after 4 months with 2 months notice. (It's a 12 month contract)

If you are in a position to move into rented accomodation this side of Christmas, the LL will probably accept less even without the offer of 6 mths rent up front.

It would be one less thing to worry about during Christmas but then it depends how desparate he/she is or perhaps they are stubborn enough to lose money than drop the rent!

And then you still have to contend with nightmare letting agents :angry:

I offered 750 for a cottage that was advertised at 850. I was expecting to have to haggle a tad but the buggers ripped my arm off!!

I'm sat here now thinking I could have nicked it for 700....???

Oh well - still got a nicer place in a better location for 200 pm less than I'm currently spending. That's a healthy £2400 sat in my savings account at the end of next year!!

Looking at Nethouseprices the rent would not even pay an IO mortgage at 85% LTV.

Suckers!! :blink::lol: