House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jonesinamillion

Buying Physical Pms Oustide The Uk

Evening,

Silly Q.....

Looking to buy some more silver (coins, preferably new maples), best UK price is jst over £26 per coin, obviously 20% of which is VAT!

Small fry to you guys but on a tube of 25, I'llbe paying around a £5er in vat per coin!!!

Is there anywhere in reach on a cheap budget flight that that could avoid VAT (bringing them back in person) and maybe make a wknd of it whilst I'm at it? Specific locations and dealers would be good.

Also, could self employed persons (reasonalbly!) claim the VAT back on bullioin if they could get it under the radar?

channel islands?

i used to buy silver in bulk from here http://www.store.firstmajestic.com/

last lot i got was about $19/oz. how times have changed!

yes you do pay VAT to the carrier but they when they started they were very slow in updating prices.

personally i have enough silver now and only buy smaller coins for SHTF purposes - i've realised that even an ounce isn't particularly divisible. :blink:

there is always goldmoney.com

unless i'm missing something if you've not paid VAT in the first place, how could you reasonably expect to claim it back? :lol:

there is always goldmoney.com

I prefer Goldmoney, I don't fancy paying 20% in VAT to the very clowns who are robbing me.

Smaller coins are still available from Sarnia Silver (Channel Islands).

Evening,

Silly Q.....

Looking to buy some more silver (coins, preferably new maples), best UK price is jst over £26 per coin, obviously 20% of which is VAT!

Small fry to you guys but on a tube of 25, I'llbe paying around a £5er in vat per coin!!!

Is there anywhere in reach on a cheap budget flight that that could avoid VAT (bringing them back in person) and maybe make a wknd of it whilst I'm at it? Specific locations and dealers would be good.

Also, could self employed persons (reasonalbly!) claim the VAT back on bullioin if they could get it under the radar?

In certain countries in the €urozone, the tax on legal tender silver bullion coins is only 7%.

The way the rules presently stand is that someone can bring any personal purchases bought within the EU without having to pay additional tax, as long as the purchase is not intended to be resold at a later date for a profit. So what you have got to maintain, is that your silver bullion coins in your hand-luggage are 'poker chips' or something like that. This is what I done coming through Hamburg airport flying to Edinburgh, no problems. Mind you, you have to factor in any percentage that you lose in converting Sterling into Euros and any travel expenses (which dont count if you are travelling to country anyways). However, bullion dealerships on the continent (or at least the one I visited in Germany) take smaller premiums than their British counterparts.

The problem with the channel Islands is that it does not count as 'EU' as far as imports/customs are concerned. However, I cant say that I have ever been their for any reason at all, let alone to bring back physical silver. So if you hear from someone that it is doable, then be sure to let it be known!

Edited by Retardstic