House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Rita - Category Six!?!

That's what they were saying after the break.  "We are looking at an absolute catastrophe in the making."  No more mention of Six.  Just a bit of TV hyperbole.

Agree with you on the absolute catastrophe. This is essentially a repeat of the labor day hurricane of 1900. I guess in those days evacuation procedures were not as organised as they are now, but also there are now more people. I heard that there aren't enough vehicles to get everyone out.... OMG. BUSH!!!

An interesting and devastating development is that the hurricane has changed its track to a more northerly direction, which will keep it in warm water for longer. This really is going to be a catastrophe of gigantic proportions.

Katrina was also gusting over 200mph, wasn't it?

I do have to agree about God: maybe he is pe-ed off at Bush for something :). Let's just hope it doesn't drive him nutty enough to hit the big red button...

I do have to agree about God: maybe he is pe-ed off at Bush for something :). Let's just hope it doesn't drive him nutty enough to hit the big red button...

Simply make the distinction between sustained wind speed and gusts and everything is fine.

I thought Bush was a christian :P

More likely to be Allah!

I find it fasinating watching America so helpless, there is nothing they can do apart from get out of it's way.

You are surely taking the piss! how about all the Americans who are decent people who could suffer?

If there was a god like that I would kick him/her in the head and spit in their face

Agreed. Pls don't let this become an anti American thread at this time of crisis.

PS Bush is fair game, obviously!

Edited by karhu

Guest X-QUORK

:( Regardless of your views on the Iraq war, I don't think this is an appropriate forum to express unrestrained glee that many thousands of people are about to see their homes and possibly lives destroyed.

Tasteless.

Latest report:

HURRICANE RITA INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 19A

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

7 AM CDT THU SEP 22 2005

...POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC CATEGORY FIVE RITA OVER THE CENTRAL GULF

OF MEXICO...SLIGHT WEAKENING IS ANTICIPATED TODAY.

Let's watch and see.

These anti-american comments really are uncalled for. Many people (children, babies, decent people) are going to lose a lot, possibly even their lives. I find some of the comments made absolutely disgraceful.

:angry:

[inappropriate text removed by moderator]

GOD is NOT pleased with "THE WORLD" Generally!

Wrath . . . . . .

Indian Ocean Earthquake/Tsunami

Over 150,000 KILLED!

Thailand - Buddhist 95%

Indonesia - Muslim 90%

Sri Lanka - Buddhist/Hindu 60%/20%

Bird Flu "Plague" now firing up in Indonesia!

USA 'Mock' Christianity - well.

How about Webmaster just deletes this whole thread? I don't mind not having it preserved for newbies to read in 2 months time. Private Fraser has over 400 posts in his name, that might confuse some people to believe that his opinion is acceptable.

If only his posts are deleted it won't matter as he's been quoted all over the place.

:(

I know that when I get into arguments on this site I always point out that insulting people is not a valid way to present your case...but for privatefraser I shall make an exception:

privatefraser you are a turd.

Yes, it must be allah punishing them. Was it also Allah who collapsed the bridge in Iraq recently killing 500 people? Or maybe Allah sent the Tsunami to punish Asians.

f**k off you rabid nutter.

My sympathies to those who will suffer from this monster of a storm.

p.s. I do however have a hope that the resulting petrol crisis will start Americans thinking about their energy use a bit more sensibly.

Guest The_Oldie
How about Webmaster just deletes this whole thread? I don't mind not having it preserved for newbies to read in 2 months time. Private Fraser has over 400 posts in his name, that might confuse some people to believe that his opinion is acceptable.

If only his posts are deleted it won't matter as he's been quoted all over the place.

:(

Private Fraser's totally inappropriate posts have been removed and his posting ability is now disabled!

These anti-american comments really are uncalled for. Many people (children, babies, decent people) are going to lose a lot, possibly even their lives. I find some of the comments made absolutely disgraceful.

:angry:

I think that a lot of these conceptions stem from the stereotyping seen on our TV. I work with American people and have a lot of American friends. In the cases that I've had the pleasure to get to know them well, I've found them to be some of the most hospitable and generous people I've met. Yes, there are excesses (and believe me many American people know about this), but I imagine poor African people would consider the way we live to be excessive.

I know that when I get into arguments on this site I always point out that insulting people is not a valid way to present your case...but for privatefraser I shall make an exception:

privatefraser you are a turd.

Yes, it must be allah punishing them. Was it also Allah who collapsed the bridge in Iraq recently killing 500 people? Or maybe Allah sent the Tsunami to punish Asians.

f**k off you rabid nutter.

My sympathies to those who will suffer from this monster of a storm.

p.s. I do however have a hope that the resulting petrol crisis will start Americans thinking about their energy use a bit more sensibly.

Marko I remember having arguments with you on this forum before but in this case I could have written every word above.