House Price Crash Forum

This Adele Singing Bird

ccc

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Blissfully out of touch with contemporary pop.

Though I do recognise the name because at a family Christmas a few years ago my parents asked who the people on some game show were and I said it was a mixture of celebs and members of the public. My brother, who watches more telly than I do, said that actually they were all celebs and he was surprised I hadn't heard of them. One of them was this Adele.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Got to agree, Limpet.

Leaves me as cold as yesterdays rice pudding.

She was on the wireless box singing something about the pavements.I thought that this song had the most banal,repetitive and crass lyrics of anything that I have ever heard. Not written by Shakespeare I am guessing.Not a patch on yesterday's rice pudding.I guess her talent desserted her.

HOLA4410

Got to agree, Limpet.

Leaves me as cold as yesterdays rice pudding.

After subjecting the wife to the Sounds Jewish podcast on the way out yesterday I had to listen to Adele's latest album on the way back.

It was OK but nothing special.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I was forced to listen to Forth One & Capital FM (which used to be decent, now I prefer Kingdom FM, Classic ROck and Radio 2) on the weekend and it was AWFUL. I HATE this generic rubbish that is being poured out - it actually depresses me and hurts my ears. Honestly, it's just a big distraction for the masses so that they don't perform thoughtcrime... IMO it's music for dim people! (No offence lol).

Same with these tv shows... all flashy and with rubbish hosts and little substance. Winkleman doing film review? Dancing on Ice, X Factor, Big Brother, Celebrity Get me Out of Here... I could go on...

My loathing can barely be expressed in words. Give me some intellectual/informative t.v. - when the above tripe is on I resort to reading a good book.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

No fans on this site by the look of it :)

Well from the little I have heard of her - I think she sounds pretty good.

And remember - going along with what everyone else says goes 2 ways ;)

HOLA4416

Reminds me a little of Alison Moyet. That girl could sing too and was quite a Unit to look at. Both have pretty faces.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I was forced to listen to Forth One & Capital FM (which used to be decent, now I prefer Kingdom FM, Classic ROck and Radio 2) on the weekend and it was AWFUL. I HATE this generic rubbish that is being poured out - it actually depresses me and hurts my ears. Honestly, it's just a big distraction for the masses so that they don't perform thoughtcrime... IMO it's music for dim people! (No offence lol).

Same with these tv shows... all flashy and with rubbish hosts and little substance. Winkleman doing film review? Dancing on Ice, X Factor, Big Brother, Celebrity Get me Out of Here... I could go on...

My loathing can barely be expressed in words. Give me some intellectual/informative t.v. - when the above tripe is on I resort to reading a good book.

The intelligence of audio (in descending order):

Rock

Opera

Pop

Dance

Rap

All other types fit into one of them.

HOLA4420

My links never seem to work,but can highly recommend The Smoke Fairies(two girlies from Sussex with backing band)who play their own folk/blues compositions.(Saw them live last month;excellent concert,with fabulous vocal harmonies.) Also if you like alt-folk,the best U.S. current singer I've found so far is Alela Diane. They're on Youtube.

HOLA4421

I rather like 'rolling in the deep' but can't say I'm too keen on the rest of her stuff. Has got a good voice.

Archived