House Price Crash Forum
cgaa1395

Buy A House, Do It Up, Sell At A Profit, Right?

Lot 51 in the Clive Emson auction of 14th Feb 2011 a house was sold which had previously been bought in 2007 and then had a new kitchen fitted, double-glazing, new central heating boiler and radiators.

In 2007 the price was £158,500

In 2011 the price was £144,000

my blog

Lot 51 in the Clive Emson auction of 14th Feb 2011 a house was sold which had previously been bought in 2007 and then had a new kitchen fitted, double-glazing, new central heating boiler and radiators.

my blog

Do you follow all the auctions?

my blog

That'll be this one then:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=159802

tim

The new normal seems to be Buy a House, Do it up, try and sell it at a profit, fail, and rent it out instead.

There is going to be a lot more downward pressure on rents over the next few years as well as prices. So it will become a risk wether you can sell or rent depending when you bought and what you paid.

There is going to be a lot more downward pressure on rents over the next few years as well as prices. So it will become a risk wether you can sell or rent depending when you bought and what you paid.

I agree, so long as the coalition doesnt keep bottling it and keep throwing more housing benefit to keep rents unaffordable.

Latest Birmingham Auction, looks like people where falling over each other to bid, some silly prices. The following being the worst.

Lot 3, was sold by Dixons estate agent as a repo a few months ago for £40k, entered into the auction without being touched one bit.

http://www.cottons.co.uk/docs/Results.pdf

Few more that i was watching at the auction have shocked me, either it's bullish for prices in general or auctions are not the place for bargains any more.

Heh, that's nowt; this bad-boy's a repo; asking price of £144,950 (not bad either, had a look around it):

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17974875.html?premiumA=true

Last sold data:

2007-01-22 86, Upminster Road South, Rainham, Greater London, RM13 9AA

Terrace, Freehold add details... £215,000

nelson-muntz.jpg