House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Somerset Council Trougher Took Home £570,000.00

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/8334915/The-council-fat-cat-earning-570000.html

The council 'fat cat’ earning £570,000
The highest-paid employee in either central or local government last year was the outgoing head of one of the country's smallest councils, with a total package of almost £570,000, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.
Phil Dolan, 54, received £569,000 of taxpayers' money in salary, pension and redundancy payments after leaving his post as chief executive of South Somerset district council. He is now acting as a consultant for other local authorities.
Two other executives at the tiny council also received more than £300,000 each in salary, pension and severance payments last year..../
Last night, Bob Neill, the local government minister, attacked the South Somerset payments, describing them as "eyewatering". Residents are preparing to report the council to the district auditors, who have the power to launch an investigation.

And we all thought the troughers on £247k were bad.

Edited by Realistbear

Bugger was just about to post the very same...

I wonder what he charges as a consultant? I wonder what the hell he's advising on?

Last night, Mr Dolan insisted that he was treated in exactly the same way as a "street cleaner". The executive is now offering his services as a consultant to local authorities.
"These are eyewatering sums of money and raise serious questions about the financial credibility of the council," said Mr Neill. "Bumper payoffs like this are completely unacceptable and show a breathtaking lack of respect for public money." The Daily Telegraph can disclose that Mr Dolan was handed £569,000 last year after taking "voluntary redundancy". He received his normal salary of £157,000, including the notice period. He also collected a redundancy payment of £167,000, even though he had worked for the council for just six years.

Last night, the council said the redundancy payment covered 20 years of work for other local authorities – an arrangement that would be highly unusual in the private sector. The council also agreed to pay an extra £239,000 into Mr Dolan's gold-plated pension scheme to cover payments that would have been made had he continued working until 65.The remaining £6,000 of his record payment covered lost benefits.

OK then Dolan, how many street cleaners who'll get made redundant will get the payment into their pensions as if they had continued working?

If I was being made redundant from the same council I'd now want the same treatment, clearly this is the going rate.

Unless this rate is just for the troughers.

Bugger was just about to post the very same...

I wonder what he charges as a consultant? I wonder what the hell he's advising on?

OK then Dolan, how many street cleaners who'll get made redundant will get the payment into their pensions as if they had continued working?

If I was being made redundant from the same council I'd now want the same treatment, clearly this is the going rate.

Unless this rate is just for the troughers.

I wanna puke

And people still just sit back and do nothing. Still brainwashed by the thought police.

It will take a complete collapse before people will even consider getting off their asses. Still with elites like this looting the system of every last penny that collapse must surely be drawing closer.

It will take a complete collapse before people will even consider getting off their asses. Still with elites like this looting the system of every last penny that collapse must surely be drawing closer.

You know I've only just got round to reading 1984 - recently read Animal Farm... what an eye-opener. We are already there!

P.S. Don't ruin it for me, I'm still at the start!

Edited by guitarman001

It doesn't have to be a bunch of sheeple doing nothing. If a party or a group of "independents" can stand with the policy to sack these people and reduce the salaries...

If the people of Somerset want it, it can happen.

No doubt there is some obscure employment law that protects them though.

Edited by MC Fur Q

It doesn't have to be a bunch of sheeple doing nothing. If a party or a group of "independents" can stand with the policy to sack these people and reduce the salaries...

If the people of Somerset want it, it can happen.

No doubt there is some obscure employment law that protects them though.

Im not sure the local elected have any powers on the Administration...there was a thread a few days ago mentioning that powers were being considered.