House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Man, 19, Charged Following Probe Into Internet Predators Grooming Children For Sex

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1357897/Pictured-Man-charged-sex-offences-centre-internet-predator-scandal.html

* Jake Ormerod, 19, charged with two counts of sexual offences

* Police warned of abuse in 2008 but victims were reluctant to speak out

* Officers have received 'new information' in their investigation

* All victims, aged between 12 and 15, knew offenders

* Police believe children were groomed on social networking websites

This is the man charged with sex offences following a child abuse scandal that has been linked to social networking sites.

Jake Ormerod, 19, is seen grinning as he sits on a sofa with his arms around girls in an image posted online and believed to be taken on a mobile phone.

He was arrested yesterday as police said that 20 children had been interviewed in relation to a child sex abuse case in Torbay and Teignbridge, Devon.

s

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Is this 19 year old a front for older people involved in this? Or have the police discovered a group of 19/18 year old boys contacting 12-15 year old girls on facebook??

Clearly you can't make any judgement on any of the published information, but I can remember some of the girls at School being more impressed with the slightly older teenage boys especially if they had a car etc...

This whole thing does seem a little strange especially the mass panic of contacting thousands of parents warning them not to let their children to go out alone.

Has something really sinister been going on in Devon?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1357897/Pictured-Man-charged-sex-offences-centre-internet-predator-scandal.html

s

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Is this 19 year old a front for older people involved in this? Or have the police discovered a group of 19/18 year old boys contacting 12-15 year old girls on facebook??

Clearly you can't make any judgement on any of the published information, but I can remember some of the girls at School being more impressed with the slightly older teenage boys especially if they had a car etc...

This whole thing does seem a little strange especially the mass panic of contacting thousands of parents warning them not to let their children to go out alone.

Has something really sinister been going on in Devon?

Sounds rather like the Northern ring that Jack Straw attributed to racist tendencies. Young guy w/ car finds he can easily impress 12->15 year olds. Then sees a profit opportunity with sad older pervs.

I see parents with 15 year old girls (eg family members) totally relaxed about their kids hanging out with guys this age. The relationship is ALWAYS totally one sided in these circumstances. w/ boyfriend, the girl has a social life, school cred, things to post on facebook. The prospect of life w/o said boyfriend and the loss of all these aspects is one thing. w/ the threat of posting intimate pics on f/book etc, dumping the bf goes beyond unthinkable to damn near impossible. Yet the parents seem to think these relationships fine and dandy. It never occurs to them that 19 year old boys should have PLENTY of 17->18->19->20->21->22-> etc-old girls they could socilaise / have relationships with. It never occurs to them that these males have little in common with somebody who has lived only 3/4 of the most formative part of their lives.

Why do people expect the world to be so risk free?

All most odd. One presumes these days that they've got film clips, mobile phones, webcams etc. if there has been a lot of foul play

Oh for sure. You and I would look upon such footage as incriminating evidence, but these scum look upon it as blackmail material.

Look at happy slapping / bullying vids. Same thing. To us it's incrimination, to them a guarantee that the bullied child will always be under their influence. Criminal minds have always worked this way.

If theres 'grass on the pitch'

OK, thats sick. But in some parts of the country, unless youre happy to play daddy to someone elses kid, you have to catch them young.

Not too young, obviously.

I guess the grooming bit is the crux of the matter. I posted a similar story a few weeks ago with a 14 year old. She iniated the 'friendship'. He broke it off. Because he touch her leg or something he goes to jail.

In Florida, all you need do is urinate in a public space and your on the sex offenders register for life. Thats most British males (and probably a fair proportion of females too) on a saturday night.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-angeles/342501-public-urination-sex-offender-status.html

Is a bit strange. Certainly when I was a teenager, about 20% of the girls in my high school aged 14 to 15 were going out (read: getting banged senseless in a backseat or the cemetary) with 18/19 year olds (or a bit older) who had cars/were "mature" etc. It may be that these guys have been a bit more enterprising with their application of technology, but doing nothing different from what was deemed pretty normal a couple of decades ago. Whilst child abuse is serious, there really seems to have been a loss of distinction between what has been normal adolescent behaviour for thousands of years and predatory paedophilia.