House Price Crash Forum

Local Estate Agent Just Put A Card Through The Door

HOLA441
HOLA442

They cannot get enough to sell :blink:

I picked it up and read it before I knew it was from an estate agent. I feel dirty now I touched it.

Seriously. Wash your hands quickly.

HOLA443

I picked it up and read it before I knew it was from an estate agent. I feel dirty now I touched it.

I recommend that nice gel you get when you visit a hospital--kills off even EAcoli.

Can't think why they want MORE houses on their books--there are 268 on RM in a 3 mi radius of me priced between 200-250k. As Spring approaches I suspect those numbers will doubt. Sitting Duck hunt coming up boys!

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA444

I hate getting anything from EA's through my letterbox, I had one the other day informing me a local branch of a well known chain has " Recently Sold a Property in Your Area".. like I give a toss!

Could you imagine if other salesman did the same thing, like the local Kebab shop, informing me of the number of Sheftali they had sold in my postcode in the hope I would use their services? :lol:

HOLA445

I'm getting these 'anything to sell' pleas from local EA's. Latest informed me that a 'Miss K' was looking for house just like mine in my road.

'Miss K'? Sounds like a dominatrix. Or Beyonce or Posh looking for a humble Dorset bolthole under an assumed name...?

HOLA446

I'm getting these 'anything to sell' pleas from local EA's. Latest informed me that a 'Miss K' was looking for house just like mine in my road.

'Miss K'? Sounds like a dominatrix. Or Beyonce or Posh looking for a humble Dorset bolthole under an assumed name...?

My good lady is always out Thursday morning.

Do you think I would get away with putting a house we are renting on the market to get a viewing from "Miss K"? :lol:

HOLA447

EAs, buyers everyone sticks cards and leaflets through my door.

Latest one said they had to let down two disappointed buyers for a house down the road and would I sell my house through them.

No way am I paying them 1% to sell under those circumstances, I'll just ask the neighbour for the names of those who didn't buy!

HOLA448
HOLA449

Our son has had a similar letter through door this week - claiming that the agent has a cash ready chain free ready to proceed buyer looking for something in this road .....

there are 3 properties in the road for sale - they were all SSTC a few days ago and are all now back on market ...... so why they want another one I dont know. What is up with this particular road at moment we are not sure.

we are watching these 3 that have been sold and reappeared with interest. They are not what we want though.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

What you could do is keep an ear out. If you hear someone at the door, check to see if it's an EA.

If it is, invite it in and then beat it ******ing senseless with a baseball bat. When you tire, get one of your neighbours to pop round and hit the **** some more.

Nice of you to think of your neighbours but not necessary. You would never get tired of beating an EA!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415