House Price Crash Forum

Could you not go and find a really lovely rental and negotiate a two year lease? That way you get the buzz of a lovely house for a significant period of time and then the world of 'property' will very likely be a different place by the time that lease is up. This is how Im coping with this situation myself right now.

C'mon Topher . I've had 5 moves in 5 years all because Landlords have given me notice for one reason or another -they are low life -please harness your anger and join me in some sort of campaign to highlight the plight of tenants -if you are anywhere near Dorset get in touch - c'mon your family need you -be strong -please .

C'mon Topher . I've had 5 moves in 5 years all because Landlords have given me notice for one reason or another -they are low life -please harness your anger and join me in some sort of campaign to highlight the plight of tenants -if you are anywhere near Dorset get in touch - c'mon your family need you -be strong -please .

3 moves for me in 2.5 years. With friends now so next move will hopefully be the last for the MT at least.

I can't take moving again. I can't take anymore paying for someone elses mortgage. But I cannot afford to do anything else. I'm trapped in a system not of my making, one I never wanted to get into. I really can't gather the strength to keep on. I have completely failed my family. I cannot give them the settled life they deserve.

This website has failed. I would have been better off going for a liar loan. At least we would have been settled and not treated like the scum of the earth, and the government would have looked after me.

I think this will be my last post here.

Topher: you have not failed your family. You have tried to do the best thing for them. You might feel trapped, but without knowing your situation, there are probably creative ways to move on. It might require moving the goalposts. For example could you take your family off shore for a couple of years, earn tax free, get a different perspective? Or how about buying a house for £35k in West Glamorgan!

There is no point crying over spilt milk, just got to move on from here. Chin up mate!

I can't take moving again. I can't take anymore paying for someone elses mortgage. But I cannot afford to do anything else. I'm trapped in a system not of my making, one I never wanted to get into. I really can't gather the strength to keep on. I have completely failed my family. I cannot give them the settled life they deserve.

This website has failed.

I would have been better off going for a liar loan. At least we would have been settled and not treated like the scum of the earth, and the government would have looked after me.

Sorry, this site has not failed ME, due to what I was reading on here 4 years ago we decided to sell up.

The discussions on HPC made alot more sence to me that anything I read in papers or on the TV.

Regarding 'the government looking after you', my understanding is that if you fall on hard times your RENT is paid, but your mortgage is not paid as quickly, or in full!

By renting you are far more mobile to move, pretty desirable position compared with 'owning' a non selling, overpriced, negeq 'asset' (house).

We moved twice in 12 months after selling up (decided the 1st rental was not in the best location, and we found a more suitable rental at £100+ per month saving), our choice to do so, but by renting you are much more mobile.

I would not regard you as a failure, compared with others in your age group who became property owners (renting from bank/BS) I would regard you as the smart one, they may well end up being the 'failures', sadly.

You possibly haven't realised yet how lucky you have been, sit tight the worst is yet to to happen..

Topher Bear, You haven't failed your family. In the short term things may appear bleak but that's possibly exacerbated by the fact that you're having the upheaval of having to move again. Try and stay optimistic for the longer term future. Lay off the alcohol (if applicable) and get outdoors to spend more time with your children, you never get that time again.

The current status quo of historically low interest rates, SMI, QE etc cannot last forever. It's been a longer wait than any of us would've dared to imagine but change will come.

Sorry, but this "paying for someone elses mortgage" nonsense really winds me up.

We all have to pay for a roof over our heads and there are three ways we do it.....

1, Paying rent to a landlord.

2, Paying interest to a Lender.

3, Buying outright for cash and losing the bank interest on the money tied up in the house.

+1

Trophy Bear, it is the sytem that has failed you and your family to date. Not the other way around. See above, renting is not 'dead money' - circa 80% of a capital repayment mortgage is 'interest', 100% of an IO mortgage is interest.

My wife had those concerns which is why we rented from a landed estate a few rents ago as they are stable landlords, well kind of. When we moved onto the estate it was closed to the public over the winter and the land'lord' (literally) came screaming up to me and my dog in his rangerover effing and blinding 'get 'off me land - wound up I gave him a mouthful back! Most are advertised via Balfours or outfits such as John German.

This website has failed. I would have been better off going for a liar loan. At least we would have been settled and not treated like the scum of the earth, and the government would have looked after me.

My-Diagnosis-A-Severe-Case-Of-Bitching-My-Recommendation-Grow-A-Pair.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Diagnostic-House

Keep going Topher!! Your kids are relying on you to stay strong.

Edited by Jack's Creation

Topher I will not answer the bit about HPC since personally I know that is not true. I will address the bit about "I have completely failed my family". You have put a roof over their heads - have you loved then and played with your children and spent time with your wife? How is this failure? I was raised in rented accomodation - I loved my Mum and Dad and didn't think any less of them

You are judging yourself by the "Hello" magazine standard. Kids only want love and attention and a bit of food thrown in. Wives are much the same.

If you don't want to post fair enough but only buy if you are sure you have assessed the risks - don't compound one perceived "failure" with another.

Exactly, its all about perspective and getting your priorities straight.

And why not think about it the other way. Lets imagine you did stretch yourself to the limit with an oversized mortgage. So now you're sh1tting yourself every time you read about impending interest rises and whether your new landlord, the bank, is going to decide to increase its SVR again. Of course you can't move since you are now in negative equity, you just have to bend over and take it or else face repossession. You may see another job paying more with which you can service your increasing mortgage but - oops - you can't move remember so have to spend a few extra hours commuting a day and so less time with those who mean the most to you. Oh, but you can paint the walls so its not all bad!!

Of course had you bought you could rely on SMI - and imagine the wonders that would do for your self-worth..

The grass is not always greener :)

Buy at todays prices and not only will you be buying a house, you will be buying the sellers debt too with far less chance of selling that debt.

Indeed, I would imagine you wouldn't even want to screw someone over in any case. sit this silly game out, don't partake.

Wait until the days return where you are just buying a house without the sellers debt/stupidity/blindsightedness ontop of the cost.. The days are returning.

For your next rental do loads of checks on the landlord before committing. Avoid the younger, 'professional' btle'r types who will sell from under you at the drop of a hat. try and find an older landlord who has owned the property for many years and has less chance of any borrowings on it.

I credit checked my landlord.

Edited by Reck B

There were people who just felt like quitting in 1939, the french, yet we kept going moving forwards fighting the battle inch by inch, i'm sure Chuchil felt burdened by the hopes and fears of everyone depending on him, yet he kept going, he kept going because he had to. How do you think Nelson Mandela felt after 25 years rotting inside a jail of apartheid south africa, he never stopped believing, and what about Bin Laden, when those bombs started raining down on his hideouts i'm sure there were a few taliban who wanted to give up and eat mcdonalds, but they hung in there, just the the vietcong before them. And look at gaddafi he's facing an uprising and he's out there on tv standing up for his right to be a dictator.

How do you think rocky felt when he watched his best friend die at the hands of a steroid pumped russian killing machine. Well if you wanna walkout and leave, you know where the door is, but once you walk out of that door, theres no coming back. because that doors for quitters and it only swings one way. I'm gonna stay here and see this through, and when i'm finished i'm gonna walk out the front door with my head held high. Just think when you look back in 10-20 years time and people talk about the great boom and bust, and you will know that when the going got tough you quit, what would you give then to come back and fight this battle again here and now.

If we are mark'd to suffer the fewer men, the greater share of honour. I pray thee, wish not one man more. I would not lose so great an honour. That he which hath no stomach to this fight, Let him depart; his mortgage shall be made, And a deposit for a flat be put into his purse; for we would not die in that man's company. He that outlives this day, and comes safe home, Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd, And rouse him at the name of great crash 2. He that shall live this day, and see old age, Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars, Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember, with advantages, What feats he did that day. Then shall our names, Familiar in his mouth as household words- Realist Bear, Eric pebbles and Sarabell, bloo loo and injin, and Tired of waiting- Be in their flowing cups freshly remembered. This story shall the good man teach his son; We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition; And gentlemen in England now-a-bed Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That post with us upon HPC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uASVzkrEKgs&feature=related

Edited by enrieb