House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pink Flamingo

Savills Must Have A Good Sense Of Humour .....

If that's the old Post Office by the station then a good friend of mine worked for the company that did the conversion. He told me about sitting on the ridge of the roof doing some drawing. Anyway, from what I understand this firm no longer exists.

£1m for flat in a commuter town? A few weeks ago I read that estate agents where getting tough on whacko house vendors and refusing to take properties on at ridiculous prices. It seems Savills have not been told.

http://www.savills.co.uk/residentialSearch...aspx?pID=118602

Anyone putting in an offer anywhere near the asking price on this needs to be lined up against a wall and shot at  :(

Leasehold as well ...... what a bargain!  :blink:

if you think that's bad - my mate down south told me about this one - the 3 bedrooms is wrong by the way .....

Old church - no garden but a graveyard you don't own

I've got visions of you being an 80's broker watching Wall Street in his 'home cinema' and snorting Scarface-sized mountains of coke in his 3rd bathroom. :lol:

3 bathrooms in a 2 bedroom place! I still can't get over that. Think of the orgies!!!

PS.

London is going to pot. I've lived here for 5 years and have seen a shift in that small amount of time.

Couldn't you say that about just about any large city in this wonderful country of ours?

I don't know. I don't really venture to other cities so my frame of reference is a tiny one.

You're probably right though.

But London, being the most expensive and the most densely populated has undergone a visible change in the last 5 years. Again, immigration is my theme.

I have mixed feelings about the kind of mass immigration we have seen in the last few years. I certainly feel it is out of control and believe it breeds resentment in our society. Not healthy.

Stop it!

You're scaring me!!!

:o

JESUS H CHRIST! Your anecdotes sound like something out of a horror movie.

You should have a job on CrimeWatch....

"Don't have nightmares now..."

PS.

My experience of living in London for the last 5 years:

burgled four times (every property I have lived in...and I am security conscious)

Ahahahhaha!!!! Due for completion in Oct 2007 :-) whcih if my predictions are correct will be when the market is in full-on freefall or already at the bottom. £6648 per square metre too. Mmmmmm! Oh please can I have one :lol:

Stop it!

You're scaring me!!!

:o

JESUS H CHRIST! Your anecdotes sound like something out of a horror movie.

You should have a job on CrimeWatch....

"Don't have nightmares now..."

PS.

My experience of living in London for the last 5 years:

burgled four times (every property I have lived in...and I am security conscious)

If you read the local press in London you realise just how far law and order has broken down, and just how much free reign rampaging gangs (I'm not allowed to describe them any further than that due to liberal left-wing mores having the upper hand among the blind fools of this country) have to act more or less as they please without fear of arrest. I will not live in the town of my birth again, after 3 times being robbed at knifepoint (again, I can't describe my attackers for the usual reasons), friends robbed, attacked, burgled... the crime-scene signs appealing for witnesses after an innocent is beaten and knifed in a "motiveless" attack, again by people we can't give full descriptions of.

And if you think you can escape to another town, forget it. Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Northampton, Bristol.... no thanks.

The countryside maybe...?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...21/nbomb321.xml

maybe not :angry:

Blimey that is frightening. I guess I've been extremely lucky. I live in one of the most crime infested boroughs and have not been burgled so far. I guess the risk/return equation where I live doesn't make it worthwhile.

I have also not (yet) been mugged or assaulted. The closest came when a guy the size of Mike Tyson, who was clearly suffering from some kind of mental problem, turned on me in the in the queue in Sainsburys and then followed me outside saying he was going to kill me as revenge for 300 years of slavery. Luckily I could run faster than him.

The immigration point you raise Donnie I have mixed feelings about. As a semi-immigrant (dual nationality) and partner of an immigrant, I would have to say that I don't have an objection to immigration per se, but I am increasingly troubled by the formation of enclaves, and one might even say the colonisations of parts of inner London. The BBC, Ken et al bang on about multiculturalism, but there are many parts of London that are monocultural ie entirely non-British. Take a walk through Dalston and you'll see what I mean.

I do find it upsetting when people fail to, or make no effort to, or actively avoid adapting to British culture. It's not that hard - Mrs P has been here three years and she's already so British that she reads the Daily Mail (maybe she's taking it a bit far).

I've been in London for about 6 years and had minimal trouble. My car got vandalised in Walthamstow a couple of times but it was the only car on the street that ever was for some reason, but was untouched in Stockwell. I've never been burgled (though one attempted break in at Stockwell), robbed or beaten up and I lived in Lambeth for a couple of years. Neither has Miss IMD and she's been here longer.

Crime in cities is part of the deal. Regardless of Daily Mail headlines, crime is falling, not least because employment is high. When the recession bites, it could slip back to the bad situation of the early 80's. Then i'll start worrying about it.

Edit: I've probably commited more crime that i've been a victim of.

Soapbox edit: A lot of the crime problems are drug related, and are more down to the stupidity of the laws around them than the evils of the drugs themselves.

Edited by IMD