House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cica

Cuts Affecting Special Needs Children/people

Just watching North West Tonight.

Does anyone begrudge paying taxes to families that have been just plain unlucky? I certainly don't.

We've got people on TV waiving picture of their disabled kids around complaining about the cuts and councilors either complaining that it's been imposed on them OR that there are no cuts at all.

I know about Washington Monument Syndrome

There's about a million and 1 things that can be cut to avoid cutting these kinds of things. This doesn't appear to be difficult to solve to me which makes me think that the councils are playing some disgusting games or these parents themselves are playing games.

Whatever the truth is, this stuff is very effective is creating a lot of negativity about these cuts.

You don't get it, they are cutting these services precisely because it's a big news story. Getting rid of diversity co-ordinators, equality officers etc... no one will actually give a 5h1t, I'm sure we could come up with a huge list of council, govt jobs that are pointless and add no economic value before we come to these services.

However these cuts make out the govt is really nasty and evil, where in fact it's the council officials just being evil to make a political point.

Just watching North West Tonight.

Does anyone begrudge paying taxes to families that have been just plain unlucky? I certainly don't.

We've got people on TV waiving picture of their disabled kids around complaining about the cuts and councilors either complaining that it's been imposed on them OR that there are no cuts at all.

I know about Washington Monument Syndrome

There's about a million and 1 things that can be cut to avoid cutting these kinds of things. This doesn't appear to be difficult to solve to me which makes me think that the councils are playing some disgusting games or these parents themselves are playing games.

Whatever the truth is, this stuff is very effective is creating a lot of negativity about these cuts.

As a result of the age old mistake of NOT prescribing the areas which may be cut and the areas which should NOT, govt always ends up having the parade of the innocents having their worthy cause being cut. Very sad, but those in charge should cut that which we don't need - plenty there and still sad for those losing jobs. It is a cynical game being played out. Take the police - no need atall to cut any front line staff. Just remove some of the enormous backroom overflow. Cut down the stupid paperwork and endless forms. Where is COMMON BL**D* SENSE in this country!

The country has become a collection of gangs and if you aren't a member of one chances are you're screwed.

This was already touched upon in the 70s hit classic "Leader of the Gang" (Gary Glitter).

However, in Gary's world - become a member of a gang and you are equally screwed.

:P

What will they be deprived of?

Food? Water? Shelter?

20 years ago what quality of life would they have had?go back 40 years... Go back 100..

Looked at some old photos of 'real life' .. Poverty meant kids with no shoes, dirty in rags playing in the streets.

No one lives like that anymore.

Ok shoot the bankers if you want to be robin hood and give the money to the Ill, old and disabled ... But prying it from their cold dead hands will be the only way it'll happen.

Chap near me's now adult son has autism, if ever he catches you, he'll vent his spleen about the government 'abandoning him', and has done for the past ten years. Its nothing new.

Whatever govt does will never be enough for special needs people and their families. Free trips to disneyland, decked out cars etc. Truth is, its an awful way of living. I get agitated visiting relatives in hospital, and thats one day a week for a few weeks. Cant imagine how bad it is to do that 24/7.

Dont think its got anything to do with 'cuts', put it that way. Its just bandwagon jumping, they know theyll get more attention if they join the army of workshy self assured civil servants than they will alone.