House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
_w_

Detroit Will Pay You To Take One Of These 100 Abandoned Homes

Last time they did this the banks were allowed to take back properties; after they had been done up by people who got them under the "under a $1" home scheme.

Also you have to pay taxes and repair a property to code or face fines, pay for knocking it down. There is something wrong in Detroit and it isn't house prices.

I think Bardon or someone on here lived in Detroit.

Edited by northwestsmith2

Repeat "property prices always go up" a thousand times after you have read this piece to cleanse your mind of those evil falsehoods.

http://www.businessinsider.com/abandoned-houses-detroit-2011-2

What liabilities do you get with the free property and are any improvement grants available ? When will they learn that you cannot continue to fool all of the people, all of the time.

It's sad to think that, probably not that long ago, these were perfectly fine , fully inhabited family homes. OK, they may not be in the best parts of town but to have houses of that size there must have been some money floating around.

I see a few empty houses around these parts but you're talking about one in every few streets, when things get to this stage there is something fundamentally wrong with the place!

It's sad to think that, probably not that long ago, these were perfectly fine , fully inhabited family homes. OK, they may not be in the best parts of town but to have houses of that size there must have been some money floating around.

I see a few empty houses around these parts but you're talking about one in every few streets, when things get to this stage there is something fundamentally wrong with the place!

My guess is that the reason is a simple as the de-industrialisation of America. I bet they didn't see that one coming 40 years ago.

My guess is that the reason is a simple as the de-industrialisation of America. I bet they didn't see that one coming 40 years ago.

I think they did and they adapted which is why the US GDP has remained quite strong since 1970.

Rust belt industries have to die. Nothing stays the same--look at our old cotton mills, potteries, coal mines all gone with t' wind.