House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
repetitive bleats

Now Thats What I Call A Crash

Link

Mayor Dave Bing is trying to save Detroit by offering incentives to lure residents back to abandoned neighbourhoods.

One program offers $150,000 in housing renovation money and requiring only $1,000 down to police officers who are willing to relocate to the city. Another offers college graduates $2,500 to rent and $20,000 forgivable loan to buy properties.

Potential home buyers can choose from plenty of cheap or free homes, especially in the blighted neighbourhoods of Woodward Ave. and Brush Park.

Pics of some of the homes: Pictures

I've quite often posted about Detroit and rundown areas in America.

Seems all well above board, and fine if you don't value your life, or the safety of your loved ones. A bargain?

Shameful state for the motor city though. I was last there in 1989, and it was a scary, crime filled dump then. Imagine what 20 years can do?

So, the big story for me is the proposal to put a 'Robocop' statue in the city. I'm all for that. With technology the way it is today, how prescient is that film?

Robocop link (there are many more)

Thing is, these areas will have had almost zero maintenance or upgrades on the civil infrastructure for decades, so in the end it would be better off demolishing these antiquated neighbourhoods and creating green space.

Gut all the houses , knock them down and put farmland back there

I think the city is trying to build up its tax base. Wannabe cash cows only need apply.

Edited by Nationalist