House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ingermany

Main Tv Channels Alter Message

Channel hopping yesterday and :

Location3: couple buying house for 425K....seller had turned down 450K in 2009. Phil says "he'll be kicking himself now and desperate to sell before it drops further, so you can get this for much less than 400" (he definitely won't get to shag Kirsty with that sort of attitude). Buyers remained reluctant to buy in falling market- man says even if he buys it sub 400K he's likely to be down on capital.

Ch4 News on "Food Banks" for the needy- 50% of the hungry are in work (shocking and depressing in itself)....anyway they were interviewing typical shoppers outside a Salisbury supermarket to get perceptions about who might be needing food aid in Britain. Woman said that her friends are unable to pay mortgages and are in negative equity, so are struggling to buy food. The words NEGATIVE EQUITY are left hanging-the embarassed reporter looks apologetically at the viewers.

On Rip Off Britain-big report on debt management. Guy talking about his debts...I always had debts for cars and stuff, but then I made the mistake of buying property and my debts got out of control so my monthly outgoings exceeded my wages. Report identifies house purchase as his main mistake. I was coping until I bought property is the message (as well as don't sign up with an insolvency practitioner)

Add to this the news reports yesterday-stating the blindingly obvious.......that welfare costs for the aged will be met by a raid on property assets. My house is my incontinence support team just doesn't sound such an attractive proposition.

Everywhere seems to be full of negative messages regarding property. It almost looks co-ordinated.

Edited by ingermany

Location3: couple buying house for 425K....seller had turned down 450K in 2009. Phil says "he'll be kicking himself now and desperate to sell before it drops further, so you can get this for much less than 400" (he definitely won't get to shag Kirsty with that sort of attitude). Buyers remained reluctant to buy in falling market- man says even if he buys it sub 400K he's likely to be down on capital.

Ch4 News on "Food Banks" for the needy- 50% of the hungry are in work (shocking and depressing in itself)....anyway they were interviewing typical shoppers outside a Salisbury supermarket to get perceptions about who might be needing food aid in Britain. Woman said that her friends are unable to pay mortgages and are in negative equity, so are struggling to buy food. The words NEGATIVE EQUITY are left hanging-the embarassed reporter looks apologetically at the viewers.

On Rip Off Britain-big report on debt management. Guy talking about his debts...I always had debts for cars and stuff, but then I made the mistake of buying property and my debts got out of control so my monthly outgoings exceeded my wages. Report identifies house purchase as his main mistake. I was coping until I bought property is the message (as well as don't sign up with an insolvency practitioner)

Add to this the news reports yesterday-stating the blindingly obvious.......that welfare costs for the aged will be met by a raid on property assets. My house is my incontinence support team just doesn't sound such an attractive proposition.

Everywhere seems to be full of negative messages regarding property. It almost looks co-ordinated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yrmnv/Rip_Off_Britain_Series_2_cutdowns_Episode_6/

Thanks for the tip; watching this now.

Edit: Watched it. That Rip Off Britain show is dreadful. I see no anti property message here. It's the debt management company's fault innit.

I've only seen snippets of the ROB show but have been told all about it.

It's basically a forum for stupid people to explain to the world how stupid they are.

"no i never read the small print, I thought the company would be helping me"...

Edit: Watched it. That Rip Off Britain show is dreadful. I see no anti property message here. It's the debt management company's fault innit.

Don't see the problem myself. The issue WAS debt management companies, I don't think that the reason for the debt was the slightest bit relevant to the show

tim

Location3: couple buying house for 425K....seller had turned down 450K in 2009. Phil says "he'll be kicking himself now and desperate to sell before it drops further, so you can get this for much less than 400" (he definitely won't get to shag Kirsty with that sort of attitude).

You've seen pictures of his wife haven't you? Why would he want to shag Kirstie? - Note correct spelling, so you won't get to shag her either :-)