House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Van

Can Someone Explain This

I regularly use Property Bee to monitor Rightmove properties, and I see a lot that properties change from SSTC then within a week (sometimes within a day) they go back to being "Available" again.

What's going on here? Is it a trick the EA uses to get the property to appear again in property searches when you specify the number of days since it was "Added to site" ?

I don't know honest answer.

I only know that an agent we are dealing with claimed to have higher offer than ours and pressed us to increase and said vendor really wanted to sell to us etc etc ...

We did not bite at this so they apparently accepted the other slighttly higher offer that was apparently not in as favourable position as ours. ...

Property gets marked up as sstc. Agent still rings us to see if we want to increase ????

( which part of NO does he not grasp????)

After 4 days another neighbouring property comes on Market at a stupid price and this one comes back to Market.

Agent has not been in touch now for 12 days ... He's probably due to pester us again anyday

People realise they have made a rash decision and pull out. The bank won't lend. The next (often second viewing) reveals some major problems; subsidence, neighbours from hell etc etc. Husband finally convinces the OH that the kitchen is not really that nice or the wife convinces the OH that the tarmac area is not actually a real garden.

I don't think it's really that. From my experience there is usually a lag time between when something happens to the status of the property and when its Rightmove status is actually updated, but I am talking about properties that go for SSTC-Available-SSTC-Available for 4 days in a row. There are plenty of them. I think it must be a trick the agent uses so that its status appears as a "new" property in the search engine.