House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
saving since 2005

Shoreditch East London Line Station Sold For 665K Today

I actually went to look at Lot No.1 on Saturday, when one of the open viewings was scheduled.

When I got there we were told that we couldn't look round because the place had been squatted, and that any purchasers would have to get rid of the squatters.

I now see that the place went for £401,000!!!!

It's only a 3 bed terraced house, and the immediate area is a sh1thole (didn't know this before visiting - had previously thought that Clapham North/Stockwell was just about passable).

Madness.

I actually went to look at Lot No.1 on Saturday, when one of the open viewings was scheduled.

When I got there we were told that we couldn't look round because the place had been squatted, and that any purchasers would have to get rid of the squatters.

I now see that the place went for £401,000!!!!

It's only a 3 bed terraced house, and the immediate area is a sh1thole (didn't know this before visiting - had previously thought that Clapham North/Stockwell was just about passable).

Madness.

But it's very close to town. It looks quite a big building. Only three bedrooms? Are they large and spacious? All that area looks rough, run down and you wouldn't want your kids going to the local schools, but the houses there go for fortunes. As you say, madness.

But it's very close to town. It looks quite a big building. Only three bedrooms? Are they large and spacious? All that area looks rough, run down and you wouldn't want your kids going to the local schools, but the houses there go for fortunes. As you say, madness.

The housing stock round there looks fundamentally pretty good, with the buildings themselves being more attractive than places in Clapham South, Battersea and Balham. The problem is, the area's really run down, all the houses have been subdivided into numerous flats, and even at midday on a Saturday I felt slightly unsafe.

It is close to town, but I wouldn't like going through the process of evicting squatters and then living in the place afterwards - would be frightened of retribution from the squatters.

Edited by WageslaveX14

Any idea how much is owner occupied as opposed to rented out to the state?