House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Jobless Figures / Claimant Count

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=12

Claimant count up 2,400 ( -3,200 expected )

Unemployment rate 7.9% ( 7.9% expected )

The number of people in employment aged 16 and over fell by 69,000 on the quarter to reach 29.09 million. The last time there were larger quarterly falls in the employment level and rate was in the three months to August 2009

The number of employees and self-employed people who were working part-time because they could not find a full-time job increased by 26,000 on the quarter to reach 1.16 million, the highest figure since comparable records began in 1992.

There were 157,000 redundancies in the three months to November 2010, up 14,000 on the quarter.

Edited by exiges

Claimant count up 2,400 ( -3,200 expected )

Unemployment rate 7.9% ( 7.9% expected )

The number of people in employment aged 16 and over fell by 69,000 on the quarter to reach 29.09 million. The last time there were larger quarterly falls in the employment level and rate was in the three months to August 2009

The number of employees and self-employed people who were working part-time because they could not find a full-time job increased by 26,000 on the quarter to reach 1.16 million, the highest figure since comparable records began in 1992.

There were 157,000 redundancies in the three months to November 2010, up 14,000 on the quarter.

And guess what else??? according to Sky, it is 'unexpected'...!!!

there seem to be jobs around my way, if you are happy to stack shelves in the middle of the night and are prepared to work part time... I'm sure that if I really tried, I could raise a family, buy a house, run a car and go on holiday on what I earn from such a job (unfortunately they wont hire me as I dont have a degree in some obscure subject from a university that used to be a poly). Aspiration is a wonderful driver. I am a world class cynic though...

My prediction is adjusted or the size of the working age population Britain will lose a net of 5 million jobs over the next 10 years. Well specifically from 2010-2020.

Those 3 months saw 69,000 net jobs lost, so that would lead to 'only' a net of 2.7 million jobs lost over the 10 years.

I guess I could push it and say the 26,000 who were downgraded to part time, should count for something.

My prediction is adjusted or the size of the working age population Britain will lose a net of 5 million jobs over the next 10 years. Well specifically from 2010-2020.

Those 3 months saw 69,000 net jobs lost, so that would lead to 'only' a net of 2.7 million jobs lost over the 10 years.

I guess I could push it and say the 26,000 who were downgraded to part time, should count for something.

Yep, making it about 95,000 who went from full time to not full time (whether it be jobless or scraping by part time)

That's quite alot of people/homes.

Edited by exiges

From the ONS statistical bulletin:

The total number of unemployed people increased by 44,000 over the quarter to reach

2.49 million. The unemployment rate for those aged from 16 to 24 increased by 1.5 on the quarter to

reach 20.5 per cent, the highest figure since comparable records began in 1992. The number of

unemployed 16 to 24 year olds increased by 66,000 on the quarter to reach 965,000, the highest

figure since comparable records began in 1992.

So more unemployed 16-24 year olds and fewer unemployed older people to achieve a net rise of 44,000.

Above is the link.

Something does not add up here. People in permanent employment rose 66K people but in part time employment fell 62K so that should net 4k more people employed. But it seems that 49K self employed people stopped working so that means 45K increase and the actual was 68K. So we have to assume 13K immigrants came into the country during this period.

Interestingly the 62K fall in part time workers was entirely female. So Harpersons equality laws doing wonders for female employment.

Edit also part time workers are defined as working 1 to 30 hours per week so say average 20 hours then that means we lost the equivalent of 31K full time jobs. So if I was a coalition minister I would argue that and additional 35K full time jobs were created.

Edited by ralphmalph

69,000 fewer jobs

26,000 more part time jobs.

So 95,000 fewer full time jobs

Its the full time jobless recovery!

Above is the link.

Something does not add up here. People in permanent employment rose 66K people but in part time employment fell 62K so that should net 4k more people employed. But it seems that 49K self employed people stopped working so that means 45K increase and the actual was 68K. So we have to assume 13K immigrants came into the country during this period.

Interestingly the 62K fall in part time workers was entirely female. So Harpersons equality laws doing wonders for female employment.

Edit also part time workers are defined as working 1 to 30 hours per week so say average 20 hours then that means we lost the equivalent of 31K full time jobs. So if I was a coalition minister I would argue that and additional 35K full time jobs were created.

dodgy stats. It would be suspicious if everything added up...

69,000 fewer jobs

26,000 more part time jobs.

So 95,000 fewer full time jobs

Its the full time jobless recovery!

You have misread the release. The 26K part time jobs you say were lost is acutally 26K people in part time jobs that want a full time job.

And guess what else??? according to Sky, it is 'unexpected'...!!!

there seem to be jobs around my way, if you are happy to stack shelves in the middle of the night and are prepared to work part time... I'm sure that if I really tried, I could raise a family, buy a house, run a car and go on holiday on what I earn from such a job (unfortunately they wont hire me as I dont have a degree in some obscure subject from a university that used to be a poly). Aspiration is a wonderful driver. I am a world class cynic though...

Are you joking? Assuming you are British how dare you assume you deserve such a comfortable job. We must give those jobs to hard working immigrants. I hear in the last 10 years a record 80% of new jobs went to immigrants, this is Labour's legacy so you should not complain. You are a dangerous man, I will be alerting the authorities about you.

20% of 16-24 year old's unemployed now, lazy scum wasting space they should bring back gas chambers then we can get rid.

Edited by Saberu