House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Local Council Troughers To Be Reigned In

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/8327540/Councillors-given-veto-over-executive-pay-packages.html

Councillors given veto over executive pay packages
Councillors will be able to veto six-figure pay packages for local authority executives for the first time, under plans to be announced today.
Local authorities are currently free to set pay levels for their executives with elected councillors given little oversight of the arrangements.
Earlier this week, it emerged that 220 local authority chief executives were paid more than the £142,500 that the Prime Minister received last year.
Eric Pickles, the Local Government Secretary, has been frustrated by repeated attempts to persuade councils to cut their salary bills.
Many local authorities are threatening to cut front-line services despite failing to reduce the pay packages of senior
executives.

These super-paid piggies will be squealing soon--we can only hope. The banksters next? No chance I am afraid.

ONLY for new ones!

Existing snouts in troughs will not be affected.

I think it's time to take to the streets.

Why should anyone in the public sector earn more than 100k a year?

That's more than 4 times the average wage.

And about 8X minimum wage.

We could have slogans like "Cut snouts not services"

ONLY for new ones!

Existing snouts in troughs will not be affected.

I agree, it's not right, but once you've agreed to pay someone there's all sorts of legal wranglings to take it away again.

At least the rot will be stopped and as time goes by those people will be replaced by others on more sane salaries.

I agree, it's not right, but once you've agreed to pay someone there's all sorts of legal wranglings to take it away again.

I haven't agreed anything to pay my top council officials anything. That's one of the problems.

These pay rises have slid in on the greasy nulabour spoon.

And legal challenges to the govt are just stupid/greedy

Edited by SarahBell