House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Houses Selling For The Price Of A Car

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/4-bedrooms-for-the-price-of-4-wheels.html

It's hard to imagine a home selling for the price of a car, but nonetheless, some home prices in some sections of the country are now comparable to prices of luxury cars. And, no, we're not talking about Bentleys and Rolls-Royces, we're talking about Acuras and Hyundais and cars that are purchased and accessible by many Americans.

Some of the homes are distressed sales - no surprise there - but some are simply low-priced homes that need a new owner. All of them appear to have good bones, but need lots of TLC. Take a look at five homes with four bedrooms or more, that are selling for the price of four wheels in places throughout the U.S.

Nothing unusual about cars being more expensive than homes here in Thailand. It is the norm outside central Bangkok. Nothing wrong with that either - a car is a luxury, a home is a necessessity.

Now THAT comment is one of the most common sense ones I've ever read. Exactly.. Why not! Why shouldn't it be that way.

Thinking back to that first job interview when a local house was going for HALF my yearly salery in the north of england (but I didnt get the job and ended up in London with silly property prices)...

Now THAT comment is one of the most common sense ones I've ever read. Exactly.. Why not! Why shouldn't it be that way.

Thinking back to that first job interview when a local house was going for HALF my yearly salery in the north of england (but I didnt get the job and ended up in London with silly property prices)...

Because some bright spark with the landed gentry said lets tightly control the amount of land that can be lived on, we own most of it after all.

Maybe Henry Ford missed a trick there.

I dont think a house should neccessarily cost 'less' than a car, but apart from the establishment land oligopoly, theres no reason why an 'average' £165k house should cost a penny over £60k

OTOH, people will max out their borrowing power. An 'average' UK house (ie about 900sq ft) would cost well under $100k almost everywhere in the US, and yet they spend $250k, about the same as us on their houses (ie about 2300sq ft) Not because they need that space, but simply because they want it.