House Price Crash Forum

Ea's Are Liars!

HOLA441

Yes they are arrogants and think they are masters of this world!!! Nothing new tough but I need to say something. I've put offers on couple of houses recently. Few by e-mail. Judging by replies I am now 100% convinced some of my offers have never reached the vendor. See for yourself:

"...they will not consider an offer of £120,000...." or "...has already had an offer over £130,000 and refused it, so I am afraid that £120,000 would not be acceptable..."

I REALLY do now consider writing letters direclty to vendors. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Does anyone know any website where people may sell their house without third party?

Edited by LittleSteroid

HOLA442

Yes they are arrogants and think they are masters of this world!!! Nothing new tough but I need to say something. I've put offers on couple of houses recently. Phew by e-mail. Judging by replies I am now 100% convinced some of my offers have never reached the vendor. See for yourself:

"...they will not consider an offer of £120,000...." or "...has already had an offer over £130,000 and refused it, so I am afraid that £120,000 would not be acceptable..."

I REALLY do now consider writing letters direclty to vendors. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Does anyone know any website where people may sell their house without third party?

well, you could always post a letter through their door with your contact details just to find out if the estate agent is lying or not.

HOLA443

Nothing new tough but I need to say something. I've put offers on couple of houses recently. Phew by e-mail. Judging by replies I am now 100% convinced some of my offers have never reached the vendor. See for yourself:

I REALLY do now consider writing letters direclty to vendors. :angry::angry::angry:

Is there any way ea's can be sued when proved to be lying ?

We viewed a hse, told ea vendor was far too optomistic/deluded (asking would set a new top price for street)

Bumped into ea later he told us above asking achieved, surprise, surprise.... months later property still advertised for sale.

If you're persuaded to put in offer over phantom offer, where do you stand if you discover ea was lying ?

HOLA444
HOLA445

I had a dubious conversation with an EA today.

I went to view a property on Saturday; the EA was so busy could only fit me in immediately after another viewing. I arrived before the previous viewers had left. They were obviously quite interested in the place as was I. The EA said they would call me in the next couple of days to get my views.

I've been away until today and when I got back there was a message from the EA (called on Tuesday) asking me to call them for my views. So I called this afternoon only to be told the property had gone under offer yesterday but they had called me for my views.

At no time did I say I would make any offer but I did indicate interest. So, if they had already got another "proceedable" offer on the table yesterday , why call me? Sounds to me as if they wanted to start a bidding war.

HOLA446

Is there any way ea's can be sued when proved to be lying ?

We viewed a hse, told ea vendor was far too optomistic/deluded (asking would set a new top price for street)

Bumped into ea later he told us above asking achieved, surprise, surprise.... months later property still advertised for sale.

If you're persuaded to put in offer over phantom offer, where do you stand if you discover ea was lying ?

Its almost impossible to prove anything. But if you can there is an estate agent ombudsmen iirc?

HOLA447
HOLA448

Everything said here before this post I can only agree wholeheartedly with. This all just sums up everything we have been through with agents in past 4-6 weeks.

Property 1 went under offer and then sstc. - yet agent rings up to see if we want to increase our offer. NO.

property 2. Weve been given the twaddle that another property sold for z so this one is worth x. And my offer was just laughed at cos of that - yet property in question remains unsold despite apparently having being sold in november then sale fell apart andnow sits unsold and available for sale and our offer was laughed at....

HOLA449

At no time did I say I would make any offer but I did indicate interest. So, if they had already got another "proceedable" offer on the table yesterday , why call me? Sounds to me as if they wanted to start a bidding war.

Not at all. The EA was putting you in the right state of mind. You were expected to start crying and beg for a chance to gazump.

Not to worry, you've been mellowed this time, you will be more receptive next time.

HOLA4410

Its almost impossible to prove anything. But if you can there is an estate agent ombudsmen iirc?

It is! Anyone can see all these properties that are under offer, with people queuing to visit and due to be sold within 24 hours. They're all still on the market. The systematic lying aimed at generating an illusion of demand in the market is there for all to see.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

- w -

You are absolutely right - I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning begging to gazump - I can feel the conditioning working already!

Well done mate :-) You are on your way to sheeple enlightenment already.

HOLA4413

+1

Whenever an estate agent says anything assume its a lie until proven otherwise.

The banks are holding onto loads of houses to keep prices high!

Have you noticed - all these 'property programes' made & constantly repeated about talking up price/ripping off the next buyer

Yet virtually no 'investigative' progs into lying, cheating, bent Estate Agencies.

HOLA4414

IIRC they are legally obliged to pass on any offer. Get in touch with the sellers and make sure they were made (although apparently only if they havent stated they dont want to know)

Is an Estate Agent Obliged to Pass-On My Offer to the Seller?

Yes the Estate Agent is required by law to pass-on your offer to the seller, immediately and in writing. However, if the seller has told the Estate Agent not to pass on certain offers, such as those under the asking price, then the Estate Agent is not legally obliged to do so, but they have to let you know why your offer has not been passed on.

http://www.houseprice.org.uk/articles/faqs-about-estate-agents/

HOLA4415

Thanks guys! You've encourage me start my private crusade! I am going to contact vendors by writing letters to them. I will wait for response from them and if what I suspect is true I am gonna visit Trading Standards. Together we could build a case against them. I've already dealt with TS five years ago. They helped me in getting compensation from dodgy trader. Maybe this time I will find them useful too. I could also contact local media. Who knows, they may find it interesting. I am not naive. It probably will never work. BUT I DO NOT LIKE WHEN SOMEONE IS TRYING TO F*** ME! :angry:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Ea' s always are truthful and the last Gulf War was over WMD's. Deal with it and move on.

In answer to the original poster Ea's are paid for by the vendor and are working for them NOT the buyer.

Still if I had an Ea I would go for turnover and loads of commissions rather than fancy prices and the odd sale once in a while at a mental price.

HOLA4418

I always submit my offers in writing and copy in the vendor. You have every right to communicate directly with the vendor and the Estate Agent can't stop this whether they like it or not. Just be polite, business like, but firm and stand your ground.

Even the Office of Fair Trading reported that they found that Estate Agents routinely lie to their clients and others and annual surveys consistently find that 95%-99% of the public don't trust Estate Agents.

Estate Agents are also highly incompetent, and I more often than not find myself having to hold their hand through the process of doing their (simple) job.

HOLA4419

+1

Whenever an estate agent says anything assume its a lie until proven otherwise.

Don't suppose anyone wants to hear this, but I recently found an honest one - who AFAIK hasn't even been sacked for it yet.

When we made the original offer he told us there was another, slightly lower offer, and even told us what it was. (In itself unheard of.)

Later, because of various problems with the property we re-negotiated the price directly with the vendor. He showed us the

other offer letter - it was exactly what the agent had told us. :o

Edited by Mrs Bear