House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getdoon_weebobby

Iceberg

Since we have had Titanic it appears its now time for Iceberg! lol

http://www.desewing.com/iceberg/

Forgetting the silly name I have to admit on the small info available I like the look of it . I like the house looking inconspicuous from the street but having a big contemporary home hidden away from view. I hate the massive in your face houses that sit behind the CCTV and the 6 foot walls ..

Since we have had Titanic it appears its now time for Iceberg! lol

http://www.desewing.com/iceberg/

Forgetting the silly name I have to admit on the small info available I like the look of it . I like the house looking inconspicuous from the street but having a big contemporary home hidden away from view. I hate the massive in your face houses that sit behind the CCTV and the 6 foot walls ..

They are on Knightsbridge Park. They also look suspiciously like a redevelopment done 4 years ago on one of these houses. I suspect that Des was 'inspired' by this house.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Knightsbridge+Park,+Belfast&aq=2&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=22.719047,67.456055&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Knightsbridge+Park,+Belfast,+County+Antrim+BT9,+United+Kingdom&ll=54.566451,-5.938969&spn=0,0.016469&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=54.566541,-5.938892&panoid=1FFcPVER2B3ievOcPCOsIQ&cbp=12,270.14,,0,5

The whole "concept" idea, movie (cringewotthy) etc is very naff, dare I say a bit 2006?

The houses are spacious and the spec is high but being spread over 4 floors is the kiss of death for a family home, too impractical and potentially hazardous for kids. And it looks like a cheap office block from the rear.

i actually like this development like i have mentioned before. i work in london a lot see ythese type of flashy homes in magazines all the time except for the 7 or 8 figure prices!

whats the difference between having a 1300 sq ft house on 2 floors and a 2600 sq ft house on 4 floors, still steps regardless . can families only live in bungalows??

i quite like this concept and my current home works on a 3 floor concept which i find quite convenient as i have a living space floor , a sleeping floor and a top floor for myself for working from home.

i think its cool , the price doesnt seem too mad to be honest. be interesting to see how they sell.. there really isnt much cash about and there is 6 units to shift

i actually like this development like i have mentioned before. i work in london a lot see ythese type of flashy homes in magazines all the time except for the 7 or 8 figure prices!

whats the difference between having a 1300 sq ft house on 2 floors and a 2600 sq ft house on 4 floors, still steps regardless . can families only live in bungalows??

i quite like this concept and my current home works on a 3 floor concept which i find quite convenient as i have a living space floor , a sleeping floor and a top floor for myself for working from home.

i think its cool , the price doesnt seem too mad to be honest. be interesting to see how they sell.. there really isnt much cash about and there is 6 units to shift

must admit I like this too but that kind of money just isn't about much now. I will put the neck on the line and predict they'll be unsold or rented out 3 years from now.

must admit I like this too but that kind of money just isn't about much now. I will put the neck on the line and predict they'll be unsold or rented out 3 years from now.

i think it just depends on taste. this is the sort of design i like , and i see it in new build flats especially all over london for example as its what 20 and 30 somethings are looking for.

from the pics it looks like only 2 might of been built so far as a test of the market as cant see same property to either side. there should be 3 blocks in a row ( 6 houses) so at least they only have to sell 2 to fund building the next block , and can probably build to meet demand ( if any ) this doesnt put as much pressure on the developer I guess. I imagine they would be hoping for offers of £500k on each which would in itself probably fund the building of the last 4. i wonder tho what was spent to acquire the 3 properties that stood on these sites... it could be a fairly tight profit margin if they were bought at peak but better that than sitting on 3 sites

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

I like modern design but this project is a bit too clinical for me, even timber windows might have saved it from looking like a 70s office block.

The OTT marketing reeks of a developer in over their head and looking for a mug impressed by flashy gizmos to pull him out of a hole dug in 2007.

For 500k these days I would want prime Malone detached with character, not a 4 floor semi on a steep site.

I think these would sell for 350k, not 550k

I live in a 3 floor "townhouse" at the minute, constantly running between floors is a pain. 2 floors is fine but more than that is just a nuisance.

I like modern design but this project is a bit too clinical for me, even timber windows might have saved it from looking like a 70s office block.

The OTT marketing reeks of a developer in over their head and looking for a mug impressed by flashy gizmos to pull him out of a hole dug in 2007.

For 500k these days I would want prime Malone detached with character, not a 4 floor semi on a steep site.

I think these would sell for 350k, not 550k

I live in a 3 floor "townhouse" at the minute, constantly running between floors is a pain. 2 floors is fine but more than that is just a nuisance.

id say we are four years into the crash. i still doubt the 500k market buys you prime detached to this quality .

heres detatched offering perhaps value

just gone sale agreed at 500

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=37&s=127691517&i=8&p=TRLTRL61829&fp=1&sort=added

great street , small plot? requires LOTS of work to bring 3000 sq ft of house up to this spec

this is a repo and on at 550

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=13&s=127691418&i=8&p=TRLTRL61693&fp=1&sort=added

massive site , wrong side of balmoral avenue for me personally , once again lot of work needed to bring up to this spec

if this property - 2600 sq ft , to this spec was on a prime detached site i would say it would be marketed at 850,000 which seems to be a top price possible according to an EA recently ( think it was gerry oconnor EAs in an article)

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

The whole "concept" idea, movie (cringewotthy) etc is very naff, dare I say a bit 2006?

The movie is hilarious, skin-crawling and spectacularly cringeworthy all in one - quite an achievement.

id say we are four years into the crash. i still doubt the 500k market buys you prime detached to this quality .

heres detatched offering perhaps value

just gone sale agreed at 500

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=37&s=127691517&i=8&p=TRLTRL61829&fp=1&sort=added

great street , small plot? requires LOTS of work to bring 3000 sq ft of house up to this spec

this is a repo and on at 550

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=13&s=127691418&i=8&p=TRLTRL61693&fp=1&sort=added

massive site , wrong side of balmoral avenue for me personally , once again lot of work needed to bring up to this spec

if this property - 2600 sq ft , to this spec was on a prime detached site i would say it would be marketed at 850,000 which seems to be a top price possible according to an EA recently ( think it was gerry oconnor EAs in an article)

There are two sides to the big purchases.

4 detached new build houses on the front of the Malone road.

4000sqft show house with great finish and spec for sale @ £600k. It 'SOLD' very quickly late last year, then was back on the market.

I bet that the vendor, EA and purchased all thought that it was reasonable price give the market. Unfortunaltely the bank had different ideas. I bet they valued it at less than £600k.

That house is still on the market with a bigger for sale sign outside and the other 3 await the profit from that sale before they get finished.

3.5 times joint income has, and always will be a good marker.

Lets say a reasonable mid-upper level for Malone might be two consultants @ £80k each = £560k

The bank might let them go for 75%/80% LTV.

I see prices going lower.......

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/143876-why-the-huge-increase-in-asking-price/page-3

getdoon_weebobby 2012 So from £699k we have now ended up unsold at auction - available afterwards at 165k

Is this the same house?

No this is one of the two that were actually built. He had 2 further properties with a view to building house 4 to 6 along the same style.

This 'unsold at auction' was one of the houses I believe they initially planned to 'develop' into more icebergs.

aye

i think little fish house is unrelated

i believe the bought up 3 houses in a row at boom prices on knightsbridge park with a view to 6 icebergs based on the way another neighbouring house had redeveloped their sloping site. anyway only 2 were built. i think this was the first des ewing development he was fully behind finntially as opposed to paid to design