House Price Crash Forum

Are We All In Debt To The Devil?

Dave Spart

HOLA441

What you wrote is the hedonist credo.

Hedonistic ? Or realistic ?

Nothing wrong with living life for pleasure. And this does not necessarily mean anyone else has to suffer as a result. I am just saying that realising you are pretty much nothing is extremely liberating. And it does not mean you have to treat others like shit either. Just undersatnd that they are equally as unimportant, in the grand scale of things, as you are.

You will be happier. They will be happier. I am pretty much certain of that.

Anyway - works for me. So as they say - if it aint broke dont fix it.

PS - Was just in Poland for 3 days. And that was certainly a bit hedonistic. Bevvy, bevvy and more bevvy. And the birds. Ouch !! Not that I got any but my eyes certainly got a good ******ing. :D

that's better :)

So would you care to explain what inconsious devil worshiper means ? As wise eagle is not living up to their username. :D

I have one rule - treat others how you would want to be treated.

Edited to add: that's why I will probably never be rich.

Nothing wrong with that. Just appreciate we are all nothing - here to just enjoy our lives - and get on with it. I don't mean I just get on and have a fun filled life at the expense of others. Quite the opposite really.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest sillybear2

Well, not thinking the royal family are all satanists would be a start...

That was rather presumptuous... everyone knows they're actually lizards.

HOLA444

Well, not thinking the royal family are all satanists would be a start...

Why?

The royal family are freemasons of the highest order, freemasons (at least at higher levels, the lower levels aren't exposed to that so much to keep up the appearances) are devil worshippers of the worst kind.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Just appreciate we are all nothing - here to just enjoy our lives - and get on with it.

Your almost nihilistic world view saddens me, sure life should be joyful, but that's not it's primary or only purpose.

We are all interconnected souls, far from the 'nothing' you are talking about.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest sillybear2

Your almost nihilistic world view saddens me, sure life should be joyful, but that's not it's primary or only purpose.

If you treat people like they're "nothing" then you dehumanise them, which opens the door to a whole load of evil, and I'm not talking about a cheeky chubby chappy with a trident, but real sickening darkness. Everyone has value, remember that, if you ignore it then you devalue yourself.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA449

Why should life have a purpose ? My purpose is me. That is my life. When I die that is it - gone. Done. End of story.

This doesn't mean you have to forget everything else in your life. Family / friends and all. Of course not. It doesn't mean that you cannot be a good person, try to thlep others and the rest of it. However it also doesn't mean you should be delusional about how important you are. Because nobody is. When looking at the bigger picture.

My life has a point - to enjoy it.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Why?

The royal family are freemasons of the highest order, freemasons (at least at higher levels, the lower levels aren't exposed to that so much to keep up the appearances) are devil worshippers of the worst kind.

So... you join the freemasons, potter along for awhile with your trowel and apron and what-not, all goes well, you move up in the ranks, and then one day they ask you if you'd like to worship satan? And the only people who know about this are nutcases on the internet?

Occam's razor says 'no'...

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

If you treat people like they're "nothing" then you dehumanise them, which opens the door to a whole load of evil, and I'm not talking about a cheeky chubby chappy with a trident, but real sickening darkness. Everyone has value, remember that, if you ignore it then you devalue yourself.

Wrong. I think you are taking the word too literally. I mean 'nothing' as in not important - in the bigger scale of things.

And that is the important point I am making. Your family will be important to you. You will be important to them. But put together and as part of the Universe as a whole ? Nope - you are not important.

How exactly does treating people like nothing - 'dehumanise' us ? I see it as quite the opposite. We are humans. We are not important. The sooner we realise this the better.

The opposite is far more damaging IMO. We like to tell ourselves we are important beings, and this just leads to delusions of power IMO.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Why should life have a purpose ? My purpose is me. That is my life. When I die that is it - gone. Done. End of story.

This doesn't mean you have to forget everything else in your life. Family / friends and all. Of course not. It doesn't mean that you cannot be a good person, try to thlep others and the rest of it. However it also doesn't mean you should be delusional about how important you are. Because nobody is. When looking at the bigger picture.

My life has a point - to enjoy it.

See you are already contraddicting yourself. I life really had no other purpose than to enjoy it and once you die that's the end of the story, then why do you need to be a 'good person' at all?

The fact that you nevertheless seem to say that you still follow some moral guidelines means that deep down you know too that life is not just for fun.

Even if for some it buried deep, we all have the truth in us, it's just a matter of finding it.

HOLA4416

If you treat people like they're "nothing" then you dehumanise them

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but thinking that this life is all we've got and recognising our insignificance is not the same as treating people as nothing. Indeed, it can mean the exact opposite.

That said, it's not my view that we are insignificant - intelligence and self-awareness are a true gift of the universe and we shouldn't belittle the wonder of that gift.

HOLA4417
Guest sillybear2

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but thinking that this life is all we've got and recognising our insignificance is not the same as treating people as nothing. Indeed, it can mean the exact opposite.

That said, it's not my view that we are insignificant - intelligence and self-awareness are a true gift of the universe and we shouldn't belittle the wonder of that gift.

Ok, I understand your 3rd rock from the sun existential angst. B)

But remember if you're selfish then you can cause real pain and suffering to other people, and that's 'real'. So yeah, always think beyond yourself.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Thor's a dick. All the cool kids worship Cthulu.

Cthulu is very cool! But all the eyes and tentacles put me off.

Seriously though, the overbearing self-righteousness of some people on this thread just reinforces my view of organised religion. And talking of 'morality' as if there is one pure unswerving version, and anyone who doesn't follow this dogma should either be pitied or persecuted is one of the reasons why the world is as it is. One man's good is another man's evil, but everyone thinks they're 'right'.

HOLA4421

So... you join the freemasons, potter along for awhile with your trowel and apron and what-not, all goes well, you move up in the ranks, and then one day they ask you if you'd like to worship satan? And the only people who know about this are nutcases on the internet?

Occam's razor says 'no'...

Obviously this is not the kind of definitive proof you are looking for but it's nonetheless interesting in a sort of disturbing way:

HOLA4422

Im guessing you do not have children as I believe if you did, you might have a different view on life.

I am sure that is true. And I am told it by many people. However I choose not to and I have a great time.

I think kids are a lot like religion in this respect. Many people need them to have a reason for living. Without them they would probably think - just what is the point ?

For me that is not an issue. I don't need a point to live. Personally I think that makes me a stronger more relaxed person. I am sure others would disagree.

Of course others will point out it is our main point in life to procreate. And whilst that is clearly true for evolution and all the rest of it. I don't think it requires to be true for everybody.

See you are already contraddicting yourself. I life really had no other purpose than to enjoy it and once you die that's the end of the story, then why do you need to be a 'good person' at all?

The fact that you nevertheless seem to say that you still follow some moral guidelines means that deep down you know too that life is not just for fun.

Even if for some it buried deep, we all have the truth in us, it's just a matter of finding it.

When did I say you had to be a 'good person'. I didn't. I just said that treating others like you/they were nothing did not have to lead to you being 'bad'. Then again what is bad or good is quite subjective for most things.

What is a moral guideline ? I do what I want and it is up to me whether I think it is right or not. I don't see that as having anything to do with having a point in existence or not. I just do it on a case by case basis.

Exactly - as I have already said. I think some people are getting mixed up here with their own preconceptions.

They see it as '"ou are nothing so ****** you and I will do what you want I am gonna dehumanise you coz you are nothing we are all nothing - ****** you and everyone else"

When in fact I see it as " I am nothing and you are nothing and at the end of the day we are not important so lets just ******ing enjoy ourselves and not worry about things too much"

I have met a few people who live their lives like the second part. And they seem to do very nicely and be incredibly content.

HOLA4423

CCC : I have a great time.

I think kids are a lot like religion in this respect. Many people need them to have a reason for living. Without them they would probably think - just what is the point ?

For me that is not an issue. I don't need a point to live. Personally I think that makes me a stronger more relaxed person. I am sure others would disagree.

I do not have children but over time have come to the conclusion that the most fulfilling and productive way to live, is to help or give to others, especially family and more especially younger people or children of our own. I believe these ideas are not unique to me but are needs that are almost universal to human beings.

Just to live for ourselves, is really a waste of our lives and doesn`t make us stronger, but actually makes us weaker, which we only come to realise near the ends of our lives.

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

What is a moral guideline ? I do what I want and it is up to me whether I think it is right or not. I don't see that as having anything to do with having a point in existence or not. I just do it on a case by case basis.

What part of town do you live in? Are you surrounded by people with certain values who follow some established rules (kind, non-violent, etc.) I bet you are.

You see, if you believed in what you preach, you would buy a flat on a deprived estate where people do what they want and it is up to them whether they think it is right or not.

I recommend you read 'Crime and Punishment' or any other work critical of Kant's ideas.

However I really don't believe you are geniuine in your nihilism. If you were, you wouldn't have any friends.