House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben is Back

Right Move Tricks

I've notice a lot of decreases on Rightmove asking prices down here and having gotten very excited I even called a couple of agents, as it turns out it is a complete lie. I have come accross it twice now in two days.

Basically what they are doing is advertising an property at £100K on the main stap line on rightmove, but in the body of the advert putting a range £100,000 - £150,000. when I called I was told that they put this on to generate interest from rightmove but they can tell me that they can categorically say that the seller will not take the lower price.

Is this even legal.

I also noticed this this morning.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18077145.html

I've heard of large builders doing this but not individual sellers. It is outright mortgage fraud!

I've notice a lot of decreases on Rightmove asking prices down here and having gotten very excited I even called a couple of agents, as it turns out it is a complete lie. I have come accross it twice now in two days.

Basically what they are doing is advertising an property at £100K on the main stap line on rightmove, but in the body of the advert putting a range £100,000 - £150,000. when I called I was told that they put this on to generate interest from rightmove but they can tell me that they can categorically say that the seller will not take the lower price.

Is this even legal.

http://www.rightmove...y-18077145.html

I've heard of large builders doing this but not individual sellers. It is outright mortgage fraud!

Send an email to rightmove. Tell them it makes them look stupid.

Is this even legal.

http://www.rightmove...y-18077145.html

Do a viewing, try and meet the person selling it. Have a copy of the rightmove print out in your hand. Offer them the price on the strap line, the lower end of the range. If they'd never sell for that then they have recourse to have a word with their agent.

Is this even legal.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18077145.html

What's the link to the first house? Id like to enquire. :lol:

What's the link to the first house? Id like to enquire. :lol:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31804343.html

The other is Mortgage fraud as the seller is saying they will give the buyer a 5% deposite gift. so it is 95K, but the seller gives the buyer 5K (ish) to help them get the mortgage. That is basically the same as them saying that it is worth 90K but they will lie about the price to get arround lender's requirement that the buyer has a deposite.

If sellers did this on mass HPI could be infinate...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31804343.html

The other is Mortgage fraud as the seller is saying they will give the buyer a 5% deposite gift. so it is 95K, but the seller gives the buyer 5K (ish) to help them get the mortgage. That is basically the same as them saying that it is worth 90K but they will lie about the price to get arround lender's requirement that the buyer has a deposite.

If sellers did this on mass HPI could be infinate...

It doesn't work like that. The lender will lend on the value of the property, as per an independant valuation report, not the figure a vendor/buyer plucks out of thin air. If the house is worth 90k, then that is what they'll base their figures on.

The 5k 'gift' towards their deposit has nothing to do with the mortgage provider, they don't care where the deposit comes from, as long as it reduces their future exposure if it all goes t1ts up.

At least, that's how it works in Scotland.....

Edit to take out the sarcastic remark, I'm in a good mood today :)

Edited by AThirdWay