House Price Crash Forum

Buy This Year For 400K And It May Be Demolished Next Year?

HOLA441
HOLA442

I suppose it depends on how generous the compulsory purchase order will be, bearing in mind how far the market will fall over the next 12 months. I would say the house would be down to £380k or less in a year, making it a very expensive year.

I wouldn't take a chance on it myself.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

if the house is vested then i think the owner has to try and market it for sale in the mean time, to help his case when it comes to agreeing a price with the council when it comes to buying them out.

This is happening with commercial properties along the glenshane pass, because of a new road that would take all the traffic away. Most of the petrol stations etc are up for sale, knowing that their values will plummet if the traffic drops.

HOLA446

if the house is vested then i think the owner has to try and market it for sale in the mean time, to help his case when it comes to agreeing a price with the council when it comes to buying them out.

This is happening with commercial properties along the glenshane pass, because of a new road that would take all the traffic away. Most of the petrol stations etc are up for sale, knowing that their values will plummet if the traffic drops.

That is very interesting. I did not know that. Why are they vesting commercial properties along the glenshane? I thought the new road wasn't going that way.

HOLA447

That is very interesting. I did not know that. Why are they vesting commercial properties along the glenshane? I thought the new road wasn't going that way.

sorry, i got muddled up - i think the business along the glenshane pass are on the market in order to show that they have a current 'market value' of their business before the new road opens. i think they will then claim compensation or a settlement from the council for when the new road is in operation and their values have collapsed.

I do not know if these commercial buildings have been vested. I don't know much about this, I just remember speaking to an acquaintance who was in the know and tried explaining it to me.

but the properties are on the market, with the vendor knowing full well nobody is going to buy it. i think its just part of the motions of 'ticking the boxes' for the red tape

HOLA448
HOLA449

The last large scale vesting in NI was back in the late 60's to build "Craigavon" - they just paid you what they paid you. Everyone got their cheque at the same time, resulting in a mad blip in property prices in the surrounding area as everyone who'd been expelled bid for the same properties.

Some attractive estates constructed on nice farmland for Terence O'Neill's failed dreamtown.

HOLA4410

What's supposed to be happening? Are there any petrol stations on the Glenshane Pass? The dualling is beyond Dungiven.

HOLA4411

They're not trying to sell!!! they are trying to prove that this property is blighted by the proposed new road.

If it can be proved that a proposed road is preventing the owners form achieving a price that they might reasonaly acheive if there was no proposal then they can try to claim bilght (under legistation) and compel the authority (roads service) to purchase their property.

Everything isn't always as it seems!!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Last person who contacted me about vested property was only offered rateable value as market value. RV on this property in Ballynure is 140K

An LPS valuer carrys out the valuations for properties to be vested. One such property that i am aware off had been valued at 30k above rv by the valuer. You also get 10% disturbance (up to 40k i think) + all moving fees. The process of blight would allow someone to move before the vesting process (if they meet the criteria) and still get the same compensation that they would get if the land is vested.