House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

U K Grant India £1,000,000,000.00 In Aid To "re-Energise" Relationship

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1357056/Britains-1bn-aid-India-nation-3-times-billionaires-have.html

Britain is to give more than £1billion in aid to India over the next four years, even though it has almost three times as many billionaires as we do.
Ministers defended handing around £280million a year in taxpayers’ cash to one of the world’s biggest economies.
They insist it will re-energise the relationship with the former colony and claim it still needs international aid.

I wonder if we will be helping the Chinese, Brazillians and other tiger economies?

Slap in the face to those who are expected to be "in it together" in this country. Too many slaps and the people might start to slap back.

india.jpg

post-1066-0-95359900-1297772076_thumb.jpg

Annoying habit of putting the completely irrelevent .00 pence onto the headline figure to make them look much bigger.

I think your readers already appreciate the size of a billion quid.

Your pointing out of the .00 is annoying, because couldn't give a flying.....

bit like the 100,000 the last PM...cant remember his name...gave to China when he visited for the Olympics.

I suppose these number are a bit like taking flowers round to your friends dinner party.

Your pointing out of the .00 is annoying, because couldn't give a flying.....

Just think it's intentionally misleading, and I want to scan a figure to see the size rather than having to looking for the decimal point.

RB... why do you do it ?

Bob Diamond To Get £9,000,000.00 Bonus

E U To Set Up A New Rescue Fund Euros 500,000,000,000.00

And to be clear... I appreciate it really isn't very important ;)

Just think it's intentionally misleading, and I want to scan a figure to see the size rather than having to looking for the decimal point.

RB... why do you do it ?

You're being pedantic!

RB... why do you do it ?

Shades of the legend of Pedantic Pete? :D

Looking at the whole number instead of a doctored abbreviation keeps the mind sharp and the eyes exercised.

Lets hope our tax money is actually spent on programmes that invest in supporting the very poorest and disenfranchised of India, rather than say..its "space programme" like the last time :rolleyes:

Don't be silly it will be spent on something that doesn't help the poor.

Is this an advanced interest payment in the hope they'll buy some of our debt off us in the future?