House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pluto

High On Drugs In Wickford Essex!

TAKING THE PISS!

Just when things seem to be getting better this 3 bed house comes up for sale in Wickford Essex. (see link above)

Wickford is basically one big council estate full of old people. There is nothing there -nothing!

It is beyond belief that any 3 bed house should be over 100K let alone 600K!

I know most residents there are either minimum wage or on DHSS, but I never knew they snorted illegal substances. What else could explain their dilussional behaviour?

Wickford is going to hammered one prices start to go south.

If they could somehow move this house to one of the nicer parts of Hertfordshire and added an extra bedroom or two, I would be tempted to put in a cheeky sub-stamp duty 495k offer.

But if Wickford really is that bad, I'm surprised anyone thought to build something like this there in the first place.

With its pergola, hot tub and security gates it does come over a bit wannabee mini Beckingham Palace - perhaps it would appeal to a mediumly successful drug-dealer?

Wickford isn't that bad - it's just not London. I think someone should let the EA's and vendors into that fact. There are no jobs there, except working in the local Tesco or Aldi store. The ask prices are totally insane and nothing is selling - what a surprise - but it doesn't shop the wannabee Londoners trying by taking the piss.

A 3 bed there 4 years ago was on average 65K now these muppets are asking for nearly 200K!

Wickford is going to be disaster area once interest rates go to 5+%.

Edited by Pluto

Another builder trying to offload a 4 bedder in Wonderful Wickford for 350K!

The drunken orgy of the early 2000's are over These builders should stop taking to piss with their insulting ask prices. These houses cost around 80K to build on a 60K plot of land. They should be nowhere near 200K let alone 350K!

Maybe they can try selling to one of these to one of 250 that lost their jobs today in nearby Basildon.

Piss taker in Wickford

Edited by Pluto

Wickford isn't that bad.

OK, the high street is pretty dismal and it has almost joined onto Basildon now but it has a decent train link to London.

Saying that, there are an awful lot of new houses that have grown up like fungus around the dual carriageway in the last few years. I for one don't want to live on a traffic roundabout.

Wickford isn't that bad.

OK, the high street is pretty dismal and it has almost joined onto Basildon now but it has a decent train link to London.

Saying that, there are an awful lot of new houses that have grown up like fungus around the dual carriageway in the last few years. I for one don't want to live on a traffic roundabout.

I think you summed it up - the only thing going for Wickford is the train link to L'pool street. The houses are way, way overvalued, more than another place in the South East. I know a few people from work who live there, and they are - constantly - talking about the value of their property and how they bought it for 50K 6 years ago and now thinking of selling for 200+.

A dose of reality is what's in store for this massive council estate. The pimple on Essex's arrse.

Edited by Pluto

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-522...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Here is a....wait for it.....a.....I can't even bring myself to say it...yes it's a 725K new build house in WICKFORD!!!! Thre are no less of 10 of these just in case you get beaten by the stampede to buy them.

These builders are a complete joke. Someone call air traffic control and have these loon's guided back to earth.

I think the 3rd one, the drawing is definitely the nicest one, 5 for 725, not bad?

http://www.weezer.com/downloads/

“We Are All On Drugs”

No that's 725K each house!

Here's my calc's:

Land: 70K

Building 120K

Total building + land: 190K

Profit: 40K

Total: 230K

How do you go from 230K to 725K? Someone please explain? Maybe there is an oil well in the back garden?

Edited by Pluto

No that's 725K each house!

Here's my calc's:

Land: 70K

Building 120K

Total building + land: 190K

Profit: 40K

Total: 230K

How do you go from 230K to 725K? Someone please explain? Maybe there is an oil well in the back garden?

This is quote from the EA "MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS 2003 - Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale."

Looks like they are targeting the drug dealer; they're the only ones that could probably afford this 725K newbuild in wonderful wickford aka "DHSS Land"