House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EUBanana

"you Should Never Trust Government"

http://www.henry-porter.com/Articles/Why-we-should-believe-Nick-Clegg-when-he-promises-to-restore-liberties-stolen-by-Labour.html

I need to say this – you shouldn't trust any government, actually including this one. You should not trust government – full stop. The natural inclination of government is to hoard power and information; to accrue power to itself in the name of the public good.

The LibDems are an odd amalgam of policies at the best of times, but I was kinda surprised to meet other LibDem voters on here who, it seems to me, should really be voting for the Communist Party of Britain, let alone them muttering about voting Labour. And the above statement, very classically liberal, would seem to me to be vehemently opposed by someone like blankster, no?

http://www.henry-porter.com/Articles/Why-we-should-believe-Nick-Clegg-when-he-promises-to-restore-liberties-stolen-by-Labour.html

The LibDems are an odd amalgam of policies at the best of times, but I was kinda surprised to meet other LibDem voters on here who, it seems to me, should really be voting for the Communist Party of Britain, let alone them muttering about voting Labour. And the above statement, very classically liberal, would seem to me to be vehemently opposed by someone like blankster, no?

:lol: You're a bit behind the times. I changed my name from Blankster to Hyperduck Quack Quack because I thought Blankster was a silly sounding name.

I might be left of centre but I'm far less likely to vote for the Communist Part of Great Britain than many right-wing HPC-ers would be to vote for the BNP.

If Nick Clegg says you should never trust government, then he's probably right - certainly you should never trust the Lib Dems again - not for a long time anyway. But then you can't trust the Tories and even if Labour's heart is in the right place, the'll probably get it wrong big-time like Gordon Brown did, which partly led to the mess we're in and that the Torylition is perpetuating.

The problem is that the people in banking are probably cleverer than the people in government, just like criminals are often one step ahead of the police. I haven't met many people in high finance, but those I have met seem to think that everyone else outside their sphere is an idiot.

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

Isnt that the paradox of the sheeple?

I sometimes visit the David Icke forum for a laugh, never have i seen such a bunch of moaners.

They vehemently distrust govt, but at the same time want govt to take care of them from cradle to grave.

They want 100% rights and 0% responsibility. Hence the perma-deficit state we are in, and have been for decades. Be it to pay for lower taxes from the 80s on, or unaffordable 'services' now.

Only now it collapses.

:lol: If Nick Clegg says you should never trust government, then he's probably right - certainly you should never trust the Lib Dems again - not for a long time anyway. But then you can't trust the Tories and even if Labour's heart is in the right place, the'll probably get it wrong big-time like Gordon Brown did, which partly led to the mess we're in and that the Torylition is perpetuating.

What heart?

And where is this "right place"? Anatomically it's on the Left, unless you're having an out of body experience.

Sorry, just pointing out that metaphor = bias.

Yes

Oh sorry I thought that it was a vote.