House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Loblaw

Is It Possible To Find If A House Has Been Relisted?

Viewed a house today. Has been on the market according to Property Bee since 20th January 2011. Chap ave us a sob story about why he wanted to sell. Looking at the on-line pictures something does not ring true as for instance where a radiator was in one picture there was actually an electric fire as the chap explained he had moved the radiator. Seems odd to do this if you are wanting to sell, especially as they have reduced the price after 1 week on the market. Also we noticed a sign from a rival EA stored away in the car port.

So is it possible to find out if the house has been previously listed?

Viewed a house today. Has been on the market according to Property Bee since 20th January 2011. Chap ave us a sob story about why he wanted to sell. Looking at the on-line pictures something does not ring true as for instance where a radiator was in one picture there was actually an electric fire as the chap explained he had moved the radiator. Seems odd to do this if you are wanting to sell, especially as they have reduced the price after 1 week on the market. Also we noticed a sign from a rival EA stored away in the car port.

Bob, I'm liking your work. Getting a good deal is about getting access to as much information about the property and the seller as possible. To me buying a house is like being a detective. FInding out all the info and working all the angles.

However, much as I admire your efforts I have no clue how to find out whether the house has been definitely been relisted. The only way to me is to keep a constant lookout in the marketplace.

I think that the sign from a rival ea dumped in the car port is telling you something though ...

Have you tried Zoopla? I'm seeing properties relisted that Zoopla is able to show when they were originally listed.

Alternatively - why not ask the EA?

You can find out if it has previously been listed on rightmove by typing the postcode into a price comparison report (under the house prices tab on rightmoves website) it shows you houses that have been recently removed from the Market. This won't tell you if it has been previously listed on over websites though.

You can find out if it has previously been listed on rightmove by typing the postcode into a price comparison report (under the house prices tab on rightmoves website) it shows you houses that have been recently removed from the Market. This won't tell you if it has been previously listed on over websites though.

Thanks a lot, that has worked. It was on the market last year until Sept 2010. That helps a lot.

Thanks a lot, that has worked. It was on the market last year until Sept 2010. That helps a lot.

My pleasure. Now you can ask how long it has been on and why it was removed. Although you probably won't get an honest answer.

Good luck.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work - looking at postcode SN48LJ

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=sn48lj&displayPropertyType=&bedrooms=&radius=0.0&sellersPriceGuide=Update+results

The one at £176950 was first listed in 2008 and was reduced as far as £169000 last year - also the re-list doesn't show up on property bee

That's brill. Very useful. I've learnt something there, thanks.

Try Property Snake, they seem to show list/delist info.

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/postcode/sn4/2/curr_price_desc

Definitely propertysnake. They don't show every single property, but alot of info can be seen as to sold and chnaging prices and listing. Very funny, some of it. It also makes you realise that houses can take a long time to sell at any price sometimes. There has to be someone who actually wants it enough to go through the whole offer process to completion and be able to get the funding. Not too often at present that you will have any competition and you can take your time. Only those in scarce tip top locations can still have multiple pruchasers after them.