House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BearLite

Thick Seller Discloses Original Price Shocker

At a wedding a few weeks ago a couple who were sat near us announced that they were selling their home. They jokingly advised that it was really nice and would anyone like to buy it. X amount they said. They continued on saying that it had been up for months and not a sniff. 'Have you thought about lowering the price?', I asked. 'We have', they exclaimed, 'three times'.

He then rather smugly announced what he had paid. £87000! He was now asking for £142000.

I wonder if other people at the table were thinking 'So you want me to give you 56k for doing sod all'.

Edited. It was a new-build from 4 years ago so they truly have done nothing to the property.

Edited by BearLite

I've never liked the idea of subsidising tossers.

That's one way prices could be brought down. If every seller was forced to quote how much they originally paid and when and had to present the info on a form that said e.g.:

"I bought for £x in 2000, I am asking £y in 2005, that means I want a profit of £z for doing sod all in 5 years"

I'm sure the great British public would soon drop their offers.

That's one way prices could be brought down. If every seller was forced to quote how much they originally paid and when and had to present the info on a form that said e.g.:

"I bought for £x in 2000, I am asking £y in 2005, that means I want a profit of £z for doing sod all in 5 years"

I'm sure the great British public would soon drop their offers.

Er but they can, just browse the various price sites that`ll tell you what they bought it for, go in forearmed....." So you`re asking for 150K, you paid 85K the market is falling...I`ll give you 100K

Er but they can, just browse the various price sites that`ll tell you what they bought it for, go in forearmed....." So you`re asking for 150K, you paid 85K the market is falling...I`ll give you 100K

Only if they've bought since 2000, the prices aren't available before that.