House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
curious1

23% Of Us Refining Capacity In The Path

C4 news painted a fairly scary image of what the hurricane could do if it followed its projected path into Houston.

To what extent of US refining capcity did Katrina knock out of action... ?

How many more of these 'big ones' will we get this year?!

nasty business.

Sadly this will play into Bush's hands as he can now play the consciencious commander in chief, declaring evacutaions, and making all the preperations necessary days in advance of landfall. No doubt his ratings will rocket up now that he's getting a chance to make up for prior failings.

Is it just me or is his ability to string a sentance together getting worse by the day?

Is it just me or is his ability to string a sentance together getting worse by the day?

He's not as bad as Blair who's getting more tongue tied as every year passes. He seems to struggle over the simplest of sentences these days. Pause after pause after.....................pause.

The huricane season is no where near over yet. It has another 4-5 weeks to go. There could be another one or two of these to come yet.

Petrol prices below a pound a litre is going to seem cheap as chips soon. Gas prices will rocket as well. This will all trickle down into everyday purchases soon - even that cheap DVD player from China is going to cost more.

But heck...inflation is only 2.4% and core inflation is only 1.7%. I think a reduction in the interest rates is in order so we can flood the markets with more cheap sterling.

As long as that 1 bedder on top of Greasy Joe's Kebab Shop is still over 120K who the hell cares. We're still rich Brits - right?

Edited by Pluto

I heard from a good authority (someone who pays big bucks for top of the range weather forecasts and analysis) that there could be a total of 4-5 of these babies this year.

Terrifying.

I heard from a good authority (someone who pays big bucks for top of the range weather forecasts and analysis) that there could be a total of 4-5 of these babies this year.

Terrifying.

I doubt it. The season ends in a months time as the sea temperatures cool down (maybe time for another major hurricane). There definitely was the potential at the start of the year and there's always next year....

The reality is that climate change is happening. I am really starting to believe it. I would not recommend buying a holiday home in Florida, as so many Britons have.

I doubt it. The season ends in a months time as the sea temperatures cool down (maybe time for another major hurricane). There definitely was the potential at the start of the year and there's always next year....

The reality is that climate change is happening. I am really starting to believe it. I would not recommend buying a holiday home in Florida, as so many Britons have.

Still time for another 2 in the next month, Katrina was only a couple of weeks ago. Something gives me the feeling that she was just the warm-up act, Rita is looking real nasty...

Even the US is starting to talk about climate change.